Other Stuff > Where's My Old Bike?

Honda CB550 four K AWY 834S

<< < (15/16) > >>

rocker61:
hello folks, been following nurse Julies suggestion about testing the harness and found a few problems wiring wise, the wires to the clutch switch were hanging on by about 6-7 copper  strands so new one ordered from dss, and a few bullet connectors mangled and need replacing, I would be grateful for any thoughts on the following -
bullet connectors or spade?
stripping the wire ends, twisting the copper threads and solder coated  before fitting connectors for better contact?

Bryanj:
Stick with standard size bullets and get a decent crimping tool. I have a Ripaults 3000 which show up on ebay occasionaly and vary wildly in price, also have a "spare" which i might consider parting with

Rob62:
Yep definitely stick with Japanese style bullets, they are available on ebay or rs components etc... As far as soldering is concerned, if you’re just preparing the end of a wire to fit a bullet then no need to solder but if you are adding on lengths of new wire then yes twist and solder the ends... but if you need to make such repairs its probably better to replace the entire length if you can (although you will find such joins on original looms in some instances), stick to the correct gauge of wires too. I wouldn’t bother buying an expensive top quality tool personally, unless you plan on repairing looms for a living, but avoid anything un-branded cheap and nasty, I tend to try and go for middle ground compromise of price v quality... same advice goes for any diy mechanic buying tools.

Rob62:
Rocker, have you checked out this guy’s channel on YouTube?
https://www.youtube.com/c/ClassicOctane
He builds lots of CB550 brat bikes, all the same style but they look cool.... he does a lot of mods to the electrics adding led’s etc.. Plenty of good content, def worth a look.

rocker61:
rob62, just sat thru a couple of vids, seems a decent source of info ill sit thru some more this week. Thanks for the link

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version