SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

CB750K4 New project

<< < (32/33) > >>

Nurse Julie:
Even with all that taken into account Bryan, it still works out alot cheaper than DS.

hairygit:
If that is all he ordered, it should not attract duty OR V.A.T. only when the value of the goods exceed £15 does duty apply.

Rob62:
My new inlet clamps haven’t arrived yet, but it was classic bike night at Squires cafe, the sun was out, so I decided to have a little run, its only 20 min run from my house...still only done 50 miles in total since the rebuild so taking it easy, especially when the intakes are a tad loose... Anyway only got about a mile down the road when she started missfiring a bit... hmmmm what to do, keep going or turn back? the missfire gets a bit worse so turn back, bugger!!. Whip the plugs out and all seem ok except #4 which looks a little sooty.... check the inlets and seem ok.... strange, was running perfect the last time i rode her... Decided to remove the points cover and check the timing, before i do i fire her up with the cover off and hey presto the #1/4 points ar sparking like hell. So off comes the brand new DS condenser and back on goes one of the 40yo? condensers she arrived here wearing... Running perfect again so off I went to Squires... hopefully the new clamps will be here soon and then i can confidently get out for a good long run.

Rob62:
Had a great weekend at the NERDOC rally, arrived home this afternoon and my new intake clips were waiting for me. Unfortunately, although they are a different design to the originals, they too do not put anywhere near enough clamp on the gen Honda intake rubbers. So as they were inexpensive i decided to modify them by shortening by about 5 or 6mm and re-drilling. Will fit them tomorrow but a test fit already looks like they will do the job.

Rob62:
Just rolled over 210 miles tonight and the 2nd of my new condensers packed in... luckily i was half expecting it and had the 40 year old original condenser in my rucksack... so thats 2 condensers gone in 50 & 200 miles, not great... Gonna have to find a more reliable source (the failed units were ds) until i get round to fitting electronic ignition.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version