SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

CB750K4 New project

<< < (33/33)

Rob62:
Been out on the CB again today... have hardly touched any of the other bikes since she was completed back in july.. just coming up to 600 miles and apart from the dodgy condensers she hasn’t missed a beat. Smooth, comfy, sounds great, handles ok... really loving it. Here she is under the car port after another little run out. Can’t see me ever parting with this one  :D

petermigreen:
Congratulations. Loving my 750 too. It is very difficult to find reasons to ride any of the others!

SumpMagnet:
You enjoy riding that...and I can see why :)

As I get older, I start to realise that my reflexes are getting slower, and my ability to handle what a modern bike can provide is diminishing. Speed cameras, average speed limits and idiotic drivers more interestered in updating facebook and checking their e-mails than lkooking where they are going...cyclists who don't think traffic signals or one way streets apply...and pedestrians who assume that they are protected by law when they step into the road, thus obviating any need to look....well...it all adds up.

Makes it time to own something that is more fun at a slower speed, and one whose abilities more reflect my own. The look...the sound....the smell of hot oil ( as long as it's not dripping in a puddle under neath ) and the 'old farts' who will wander up to tell you they owned one just like it back in the day. Priceless.

So it won't nudge 200mph? Yeah. Park it up next to a GSX1000R and I bet it gets more attention.

Rob62:
Couldn’t have put it better sumpmagnet.... 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version