SOHC.co.uk Forums > The Black Bomber Board

The (Original) Black Bomber thread

<< < (2/22) > >>

JamesH:

--- Quote from: Johnwebley on September 13, 2017, 06:06:26 PM ---great pictures James,

interesting to note the style ,trying to mirror 60's big twins ,and before the "candy" bright paint work,

a friend locally has a later disc braked USA import .

very nice

--- End quote ---
Thanks John. It was a bit of a lucky find from a contact in the states I don't normally deal with. I jumped on it (albeit slightly impulsively) as I'd always admired them / wanted one. I also have a '68 CL450 So they make an interesting pair. Turned out to be a superb buy. I need to get some proper photos taken of her when it's not pissing down.

JamesH:

--- Quote from: AshimotoK0 on September 13, 2017, 06:45:54 PM ---Brilliant find James .... has later 'flip'  front seat (never imported here) and not a Fuji Electric speedo/tacho (Nippon Seiki instead). I believe MickT told me that Honda UK imported a large batch in 1966 and they sold badly with bikes unsold even into the 70's so they didn't import any more. (I know someone who's Bomber was1st reg'd a L reg. I often wonder if that was the reason Honda UK were then reticent and didn't import the CB750 until Jan 1970and and even then, in very small batches initially.

This delightful lady has the ideal item for you to convert it to a British model ;D ;D ;D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172861287723?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

--- End quote ---
Ha ha ash as tempting as it is to pass her off as a Uk bike, she so beautifully unmolested I'd rather just keep her 'as-is'.

As you know, my mate Andy is restoring a Bomber at the moment, so she's on permanent loan to him so he has a reference to-hand of an unmolested example.

royhall:
I suppose I should chip in here as I am the "other member" that Ash sold the bomber to. Not started the rebuild yet as it's still third on the runway, hoping to get going in the new year. I would love there to be a permanent Bomber thread on here.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Trigger:
Looks like a very good start for a restoration. Don't have mine anymore, sold it on in 2013  :'(

Woodside:
Ive always wanted a bomber..almost got there a couple of times but for one reason or another just didnt happen..
Ive had a later 450 and a cl450 and they were stonking bikes but i love the looks of the BB..
Id love a good used original one as i think they age really well

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version