Author Topic: The (Original) Black Bomber thread  (Read 10088 times)

Offline Sgt.Pinback

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Re: The Black Bomber thread
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2017, 05:32:25 PM »
Ash, you are quick...

just digged a little big deeper tp source that and found the 1966 shop manual and 1966 parts book.

Def. have to find the corresponding bike

BTW, Ash: check your e-mail, found a CB250 tank
cheers, Uli

Offline Orcade-Ian

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • Older Vehicle Web
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2017, 06:17:34 PM »
I rather like those indicators - perhaps I should start trawling for some for my CB77.
The lenses look very much like the ones on my GB 400 and GB 500TT's - before anyone asks, both now sold and I wish I hadn't ☹️

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2017, 07:25:27 PM »
I rather like those indicators - perhaps I should start trawling for some for my CB77.
The lenses look very much like the ones on my GB 400 and GB 500TT's - before anyone asks, both now sold and I wish I hadn't ☹️

Your other option (which if indicators had been fitted to UK bikes they would probably be this type) are Japanese market which are generally  much more readily available Ian.  Widely available as pattern parts in Japan too.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c618184463

German parts are:
33401-268-612 &  33450-268-611 (square type lens type) Front
33400-268-613 &  33443-268-611 (circular type lens type ) Front

33650-268-610 &  33600-268-610 (square type lens) Rear
Rear  circular lots of individual part numbers but bases are 33655-268-611 & 33605-268-611

Attached is a '64 JDM with their version (look nicer IMHO)  ...silencers wrong though !

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Orcade-Ian

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • Older Vehicle Web
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2017, 08:17:32 PM »
Thanks for the info Ash, they do seem to look right on the CB77 and would make the bike a bit more useable on our busy roads - I saw THREE cars on the way into town last Thursday, couldn't work out why it was so busy, it's doin my ed in.
Ian

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2017, 03:46:30 PM »
What the heck happened to this mess.  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CB450-444cc-1968-THIS-IS-A-UK-MACHINE-VERY-RARE-BIKE-/322465960499?hash=item4b14781233:g:bEMAAOSwB4NWzX7n

That's the one that I saw at the auction house/museum in Thornton-le-Dale Roy and trust me it looks worse in the flesh. James's mate Andy (Bomber too) saw it at a show/autojumble down south  earlier this year and told me what a pile it was, before I chanced upon it and realised it was the same bike. Chroming of tank panels has horrid !

Does anyone know the seller in Cheshire ??  Think he's called Laurence...Richard ( RGP750)  got his 500/4 from him and I gather he's been around for a long time.

Just checked and Andy saw it at Kempton Park in March this year ...see attached

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 03:54:22 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2017, 03:52:17 PM »
That's a lot of work to get the engine back to how it should be. Bit cheeky asking that amount for it when it wants so much doing.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 04:03:24 PM by AshimotoK0 »

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2017, 04:47:29 PM »
Love the chopper one, what sort of acid trip are these people on. As per all these American imports, they have only done 4053 miles and 3507 miles (yes of course they have they look almost new). How do they manage to turn back all the speedo's without it showing, wish I knew.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC

Online Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2017, 05:26:18 PM »
never realized Freddy TFF was local

must keep away from Worcester
lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2017, 08:22:55 PM »
never realized Freddy TFF was local

must keep away from Worcester

I get mixed reports on him (Will D )  ..some people say he's a nightmare to deal with but a mate who's opinion I really respect 100%  says he's absolutely  fine but doesn't suffer fools gladly,  as he's had so much hassle in the past with customers. A person I know, who bought a bike from him, was boll*cked because he had someone with him and he had been instructed to turn up alone. Same with DK ..I have always found them fine to deal with and I have had some real bargains from them... OK they sold me a 500K0 seat that still had a mouse's nest in the foam but I got my money back, no worries. Perhaps we should have a good guys/bad guys section on here like the US forum has.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2017, 07:36:13 AM »
Just remembered that a couple of months ago I sold a shed load of CB72 parts to a guy at Newark Autojumble.. ..he literally bought everything I had there. Anyway got talking to him (nice bloke)  and he was there the following month and we got chatting again..told me he renovates bungalows and hoards anything CB72/77 in his 'retirement'. A couple of years ago he bought a CB450K0 Bomber at Newark that he said was bog standard original but he told me it's not his cup of tea (impulse buy perhaps) and he would be looking to sell it. I know nothing other than that but I am going there Sunday with my mate Roger as he's selling a BSA and the CB72 guy is bound to be there or failing that I have his details if anyone is interested. From what I can gather he's not allowed on the internet by his missus as he keeps buying/hoarding stuff.

My mates bike is a 1963 BSA A50 (500cc, unit construction). It's a totally standard bike that an old guy had, he took the front guard off to paint it and then became ill and never used it again. He passed away and his niece was left it and a Mini Cooper S.....Needs some TLC to the wheel rims though. He's taking a BSA B31 to Newark next month. I know absolutely zilch about Brit bikes though, in fact when I was helping him clean it up yesterday and put the front guard back on I realised that it's the first British bike I have ever worked on !
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 07:39:23 AM by AshimotoK0 »

Offline Sgt.Pinback

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2017, 05:34:22 PM »
Here she is with odd German signals.

Does yours have those mirrors, Ash?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 05:36:12 PM by Sgt.Pinback »
cheers, Uli

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2017, 06:32:23 PM »
I think I do have a set of those mirror in the stash of of parts I got Uli. basically my CB72 was in lots of boxes stored out in a garden in the south of England.. I just found that I also have a pair of stainless silencers (mufflers) that came with the parts  but with quite a few dings in them. Evidently Honda fitted stainless  in 1962/1963.
BTW Uli ..Menno received the CB250K2 tank and says it's really nice .. so many thanks again  for your kind help.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal