Author Topic: Candy v Flake Sapphire Blue  (Read 902 times)

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
Candy v Flake Sapphire Blue
« on: September 18, 2017, 07:54:43 AM »
Picked up a UK CB750 K6 some years ago that needs a bit of love and care. The bike is in good original condition apart from it was left in a coal shed for years.
I have been trying to identify the colour of it. It could be Candy Sapphire Blue or Flake Sapphire Blue, these two colours are very close but, I suspect that the UK did not have the Flake and only the Candy. Could anyone confirm this ?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 07:52:45 PM by Trigger »

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: Candy v Flake Sapphie Blue
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 08:13:11 AM »
I just sold a CB250G5 (1976 probably built 1975) and that was 'Candy Sapphire Blue' so I guess the K6 750 would have been the same paint Graham...it looked nice in that colour .. . It was a 2k only  miler but the guy who bought it in the NE is doing a total restoration on it ...he's already got a pair of NOS genuine exhausts for it from DS , even though one of the ones on the bike was really nice. Looking forward to meeting up with 'it' again when it has a new lease of life....will be interesting to see how it turns out. It's great when you sell nice projects and people do that kind of thing. I also sold a G5 frame/forks/bottom end etc to a guy who drove all the way to Hull  from London and then back again to pick it up  and when he got back that evening immediately started making a flat tracker from it, as he had a two week commission to build a bike for a film set ... What an interesting hobby we have !
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Menno

• SOHC Expert
  • www.tanklackieren.de
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 01:58:31 PM »
I haven't seen a 750 in flake blue jet but I thought it was the 550 which came either in orange or blue flakes (?)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 02:06:16 PM by Menno »

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 07:55:34 PM »
I haven't seen a 750 in flake blue jet but I thought it was the 550 which came either in orange or blue flakes (?)

That looks very dark for a Sapphire blue.
Mine is more lighter, near the same on the Yamiya site >>> http://www.yamiya750.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=246_157_271_243&products_id=2846

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Candy v Flake Sapphire Blue
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 08:18:37 PM »
This is from a G5 Graham and I understood to be CS Blue (original Honda paint)

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 08:39:26 PM »
That doesn't look like Sapphire blue Ash. You have seen my Sapphire blue K6, it sits in the conservatory. Will put a pic up tomorrow.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 09:26:53 PM »
That doesn't look like Sapphire blue Ash. You have seen my Sapphire blue K6, it sits in the conservatory. Will put a pic up tomorrow.

Perhaps it's 'Hawaiian Blue Metallic'  then Graham !

Offline Menno

• SOHC Expert
  • www.tanklackieren.de
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 09:16:20 AM »
That looks very dark for a Sapphire blue.
Mine is more lighter, near the same on the Yamiya site >>> http://www.yamiya750.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=246_157_271_243&products_id=2846
[/quote]

This is about a 98% match with NOS parts. The Yamiya looks almost to much blue. However; lightning makes a lot of difference.
Often when you see it on a computer it looks way off but if you put the parts together in one room they are almost the same... yeah - candy.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2017, 09:27:01 AM »
This is my original Sapphire Blue tank on a 750K6, Still not sure if it is Candy or Flake

Offline Menno

• SOHC Expert
  • www.tanklackieren.de
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2017, 11:02:33 PM »
If there are flakes in the paint you'd see them immediately.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal