Author Topic: Honda video ...in house manufacture of wheel rims ???  (Read 1181 times)

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Honda video ...in house manufacture of wheel rims ???
« on: September 21, 2017, 06:57:24 AM »
If you watch this fascinating video (not 1960 as titled on YouTube it's probably mid to late 60's ..Bomber... S series cars etc.) at time 12:50 they show a wheel rim manufacture in-house but I always thought that their  rims were outsourced (DID etc) ? 
The only non-D.I.D. rims I have on any of my Honda's that's OEM is on my '68 CD125A which is not stamped DID its stamped  KAGA (I believe that some early Honda Benly's also had KAGA rims)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3VpwvIJ5Hg
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
Re: Honda video ...in house manufacture of wheel rims ???
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 07:33:32 AM »
Wow. Can you imagine Triumph/BSA etc trying to compete with that. And Edward Turner after his visit to Japan said "He could see no threat from the Japanese". To be honest it looks like a factory from the 21st century, except for all the poor drones sitting at benches doing repetitive work.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 12:26:11 PM »
If you watch this fascinating video (not 1960 as titled on YouTube it's probably mid to late 60's ..Bomber... S series cars etc.) at time 12:50 they show a wheel rim manufacture in-house but I always thought that their  rims were outsourced (DID etc) ? 
The only non-D.I.D. rims I have on any of my Honda's that's OEM is on my '68 CD125A which is not stamped DID its stamped  KAGA (I believe that some early Honda Benly's also had KAGA rims)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3VpwvIJ5Hg

Rims in a DID factory, in a Honda promo film  ;)

Offline BigAl (Alan)

• SOHC Pro
  • Hope its sunny at the weekend
    • View Profile
    • www.alans-electrics.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 03:39:51 PM »
Interesting video, I was trying to make out the NC machine manufacturers name plates, but very blurred. Did my apprenticeship with British Aerospace back in the 70's. The 'KAGA' branding on the early Honda wheels (as image, my CD175A sloper) Must have been an 'in house' thing, but still no idea what it means?
Current bikes:-
Honda CB750 K4 (1974) USA
Honda XL500S (1980) UK
Honda CD175 sloper (1968) UK
Honda CB1100A (2013) UK
www.alans-electrics.co.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal