Author Topic: Nice bike ..almost certainly came from David Silver  (Read 515 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Nice bike ..almost certainly came from David Silver
« on: September 29, 2017, 12:01:33 PM »
Almost the same as mine but mine is a '69 with the front mudguard (fender) reflector. Pretty sure this came from DS (one of his recent imports). It doesn't have the unstamped one-piece pipes though ..they are K4 silencers it's fitted with (HM344's). What I can't fathom is why the cover screws have been changed to Allen screws (unless the clutch was seized after long storage) but surely this original bike this original would deserve the correct JIS crossheads?

Her's one for the anoraks ..  you can tell it's an early bike if you look at the chainguard bracket..it has a little indent in it ( as does the black bomber) later K0's/K1's  were flat.

Man have these bikes risen in price since the racing fraternity & Cafe'racer guys have latched onto them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CB350-K0-SUPER-SPORT-/282664529858?hash=item41d01e6fc2:g:QxMAAOSw3GtZxMnZ
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 12:05:13 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline MrDavo

• SOHC Master
  • He who dies with the most toys wins
    • View Profile
Re: Nice bike ..almost certainly came from David Silver
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 02:33:50 PM »
I fell in love with something very similar, albeit with a high level exhaust (an early CL350 I guess) parked up against a tree in the paddock at the last Le Mans Classic. Unlike practically everything else there, something I could actually afford and use.

Unfortunately I already own too many cars and bikes to offer dry storage to yet another, a problem I probably share with a few of the people on here. When something does finally go an early 350 is still right up there on my bucket list.

When I was Classic racing the CB350 was the engine to have, I reckon that they kept them in the Group 2 (non thoroughbred) class away from direct competition with the Manx Nortons and AJS 7Rs  to avoid expensive embarassments. Certainly at this years Junior Classic TT, the only non Honda in the first 5 was an MV triple replica. There must be a heck of a lot of cycle parts out there from all those racers that were built, but sadly I think a lot must have got chucked, as there was little demand then for the standard stuff.

1969 Honda CL450 'Scrambler'
1974 Kawasaki Z1A
2005 Harley XL1200R Sportster
1985 Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera Sport
1978 VW Bay Window camper van

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal