Author Topic: My mates DK Bike At Ramsey Sprint  (Read 1226 times)

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
Re: My mates DK Bike At Ramsey Sprint
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2017, 08:46:44 AM »
Well its not always like that Ash. I bought a set of 750K4 carbs off them described as good only to find carb 4 had a big dent in it (and it wasn't transit damage). After emailing DK they said to keep them and they will send out some replacements, these never came. After 4 phone calls and endless emails nothing was done about it. The carbs were saved by a member on here donating a spare carb body. But to be fair to them this is the only time they failed.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2017, 08:56:01 AM »
Well its not always like that Ash. I bought a set of 750K4 carbs off them described as good only to find carb 4 had a big dent in it (and it wasn't transit damage). After emailing DK they said to keep them and they will send out some replacements, these never came. After 4 phone calls and endless emails nothing was done about it. The carbs were saved by a member on here donating a spare carb body. But to be fair to them this is the only time they failed.

The trick I used is to telephone (not eBay message or email)  their eBay dept and ask for Becky ... she's been absolutely marvelous at sorting stuff out for me. The actual spares / parts  guys seem rushed off their feet so often don't reply back etc. .....make sure you have the eBay number of the item in question to hand when you call.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline MCTID

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2017, 09:26:48 AM »
In fairness to DK, whenever I bought parts from them I have had excellent service and no problems with any of the bits I have received. I recently had a 'fair offer' accepted for a seized Triumph T120 lower engine. It looked a real mess with a piece of the crankcase broken (lodged under the flywheel - hence the motor wouldn't turn over), and a chunk missing from the gearbox cover.

It arrived in a massive plastic crate (£30 shipping) within a couple of days, and the gearbox internals were splendid, as was the rusty crankshaft - still on standard size (RHS), con rods and camshafts. The Gearbox Sprocket was well shagged with 80% of the teeth worn down....God knows how it ever ran like that !

All in all, it was a great purchase and although I took a chance buying it, I was well pleased with what I got.....and the good service from DK......both in doing the deal - and shipping it quickly.
Now: 2008 CB1300S, CB750K4, 1970 Bonneville. Various other 1960's 650 Triumph T120's/ TR6's/ TR6C's (all in bits...many, many bits unfortunately). Previous: 2007 CB600FA, 1976 CB500 Four. BMW F800ST. GS750E. ZZR1100. CB1300 (2). ZXR1200S. VFR800. CB750 Nighthawk. CX500. XS500 Yam. Suzuki GT500. BSA A10. Various Lambrettas. Zundapp Bella (honest).

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2017, 09:54:55 AM »
My Moto Parts (eBay) who are the retail section of Hi Level trade parts have a live items of 273,854  ;D

Maybe a smart computer programme then.

I wonder how many ebay messages they get?
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal