Author Topic: Tank Badge confusion  (Read 470 times)

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
Tank Badge confusion
« on: September 30, 2017, 08:22:14 AM »
I don't know why and it may be just me but, in my head I have the tank badges on a Candy Sword Blue CB550F2 as silver with a black back ground.  Is this because the F2's I have seen have been washer too many times and the gold has worn off. The part number is only showing badges as gold with a black back ground, same as the K3.
I know that Honda and its badges were a little confusing but, has anyone got a original sales brochure with a candy sword blue to confirm my madness  ::)

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Tank Badge confusion
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 08:39:04 AM »
I would think if they are made of the same material as the 750F1 badges, the metal is actually gold coloured, not plated. In the past we have put scratched/gouged badges across a linisher to get back to undamaged metal, with no colour change or loss. It could be that the badges you have are replicas, or ones from another Honda have been fitted, or for whatever reason Honda made a batch in different base metal and didn't make a note of it.
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
Re: Tank Badge confusion
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 09:14:39 AM »
Know all about the F1 badges ( have one hanging up in the work shop ) but, these are silver backs and if you remove the black paint, they are silver on the front. Have OEM ones in gold that came off a K3 tank. It is in my head I have the vision of silver and black badges on a CB550F2 in blue and a little confused or I maybe a old age thing  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal