Author Topic: UK K0 on eBay...one for the debating society  (Read 2264 times)

Offline steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
Re: UK K0 on eBay...one for the debating society
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2017, 08:14:17 PM »
I know Steff on here has a few UK early diecasts (don't like to call them K0's)
we have always known of the diecast and sandcast  bikes as being just named the cb750 everything that came after so was called k0 k1 k2 k4 k6 only these bikes came to the UK of course there are k3 k5 k7  even k8 same goes for cb250 cb500 cb450 etc etc the k series came later but as you know the big market was and still is the good old USA  and the rest of the world of course us die hard britts still drolled over what could have been  lol even the japs  feared the rocket 3 and trident dont forget the norton comando was voted bike of the year for 3 years on a trot  dont get me wrong awesome track bikes and faster than the hondas but biking was getting a honda make over electric start  indicators and no oil leaks and as a bonus zero maintinance  as for the american imports .it just goes to show that the UK can still be used as a a dumping ground for all those  old university toys jap cr@p and including the britt sh+t we just need to remember we are still bottom of the pile thanks to europe lol i need more beer now im boring myself now ;)

Offline Sparrow1

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2017, 08:43:21 PM »
Yes, indeed Steff,
 We were treated rather shabily by the Japanese. Ironic, that the Americans Didn't really look after them. Although we stripped the jap bikes to enhance their Brit bikes - particularly the brakes! This was the demise of many of Brit spec Jap bikes in the 60's sadly.
  We can now spit in their eye (the Japs) with a wink and many of us can hold our head high looking after these bikes. Also ironic that the US bikes are now chasing us now in the UK looking for lots TLC in the last 10 years!! 😏
  Nige.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2017, 09:20:51 PM »
Maybe it was just Honda UK being cautious like I said and only committing to a small batch ..then missing the boat literally. Also if the tale that was told to RGP750 on here was true .. Honda UK supposedly sold off the pre-prod prototypes that landed here by mistake and had to pronto buy them back for ££££, one being sold to the Science Museum (not the one they have now though, which they emailed me and told me is in storage but I could have a viewing if I wished !). If that's true Honda in Japan must have been pretty miffed.

Back to Bombers.. what's your VIN Sparrow.. I have my bike (67 reg)  , plus the one I sold to Roy on here (67 reg) plus 3 frames plus a few logbooks of one's I couldn't find in the haul, so a few VIN's to share. Personally I always much preferred the K1 and that's what I would have bought for my collection but mine came to me by chance,K0,  albeit in bits....Kettle736 on here persuaded me to keep it & restore it.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 09:23:22 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Sparrow1

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2017, 07:57:26 AM »
Morning Ash and all,
  I'm an early bed chappie so just read your txt, so will PM you the 450 VIN etc, before the 450 theme gets me into trouble! As much as I love them though... 👍
  The hunt for the 'right' 750 continues meanwhile...🤔
  Nige.

Offline Sparrow1

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2017, 06:10:50 PM »
Ash, have the info you need. Vin, 302### engine, 302###. The K1 spec and number remained within the export models for a long while since '67, a little like the UK K2 until the UK K6.
  Can you email me?
  Nigel.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal