Author Topic: Pattern exhaust system  (Read 1848 times)

Offline jon stead

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Pattern exhaust system
« on: October 09, 2017, 09:26:12 PM »
Anybody bought a four into four pattern exhaust from DS or CSM? Are they worth it?

Failing that, is it feasible to get my original ones rechromed?
2015 Triumph Bonneville T100 Newchurch

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
Re: Pattern exhaust system
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 09:31:50 PM »
Pattern ones are very good for the price. To rechrome is expensive and there is no guarantee that the baffles won't fall apart  ;)   

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 07:31:59 AM »
You need some side panel stickers for that nice K0 James

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 08:48:53 AM »
Lovely bike James .. and yes the DS/CMS pipes are nice and deffo double skinned and lovely quality as are Yamiya's CB750 pipes. CMS & DS  invested a lot of money in the tooling. To me they make re-chroming originals a definite no.no. Trigg is right .. usually the baffles will be rotten or heading that way and the chroming process will finish them off.  It's different with DS's silencers/downpipes for Honda  twins though..they are all slightly wrong shape and don't cut the mustard as far as I am concerned.

That woman with the weird tongue is freaking me out James. WTF is that all about. My two daughters are both copywriters and always banging on to me about the power of advertising/branding etc. It's all BS to me  ;D
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 11:16:05 AM »
You need some side panel stickers for that nice K0 James
I know I know. I've fitted a set of Pki's now but not taken any more photos :-).

Not so sure the very very early K0's had them James .. the one you sold me had n sign of them. Bryan will know for sure !
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 05:52:32 AM »
Look in the borrowed Japanese parts book mate, only place I ever found them!

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 06:04:43 AM »
Look in the borrowed Japanese parts book mate, only place I ever found them!

Will do Bryan ..you have just reminded me I need to scan that and put it on here along with the other SB's !

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 07:22:24 AM »
Here you go .. cheers for the loan of the Parts Book Bryan . Rest will follow as the country dancers say !

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 08:19:16 AM »
There are two early ..squared off crankcases 3/71  500K0's on eBay at the mo. One is Freddies and the other is Ray Hull's (big in Black Bomber circles) hence his eBay name. Neither have panel stickers and mine didn't either. How about your early ones James?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CB500-CB-500-K0-March-1971-build-STUNNING-CONDITION-BEST-IN-THE-COUNTRY-/322658913486?hash=item4b1ff84cce:g:HJwAAOSwYgRZluBM

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CB500-Four-March-1971-/122737395300

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2017, 07:01:16 AM »
I suspect Freddies has been repainted as there is no preserve nature sticker on the tank either, not sure about the other but big side reflectors and new headlamp brackets so probably different side panels at some time

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2017, 09:09:08 AM »
All of my early bikes have the sticker Ash so Bryan is spot on - they should be there. Difficult to comment on Freddy's without seeing it in person - but have to admit of all the ones I've seen recently that looks the most original / correct to my eye...(

I wonder if the one you sold me was so early that they didn't fit on early bikes as deffo no tank sticker either. As you know, the paint on that bike was pretty faded and looked bog standard original to me. The VIN is<1000 so could be subtle differences in early production. I could be wrong though ... I quite often am !
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 09:11:17 AM by AshimotoK0 »

Offline Woodside

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2017, 09:25:02 AM »
thing is the first thing alot of people do is take the stickers off...

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2017, 01:53:24 PM »
thing is the first thing alot of people do is take the stickers off...

Yep, used to use some stuff called zoff to remove unwanted stickers for customers  ;)

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2017, 04:44:25 PM »
No 36 which I imported from the US, i bought the side panels first and they had stickers on--that was why i contacted the seller and ended up with the bike, or what was left of it, unfortunately not the rare cases

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2017, 02:59:36 AM »
I see no stickers  :D
[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal