Author Topic: CB750K0 UK One for Oddjob at Bonhams Stafford this weekend - Ex QPM !  (Read 2448 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/24131/lot/296/?category=list&length=100&page=3

Know it Ken !!

For Newbies Ken (Oddjob on here) worked at Queens Park Motors in Salford and this was sold by them.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 10:42:09 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline MCTID

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
What a shame that it's been allowed to get into this state.

If I'd known the QPM Owner was going to do this....I would never have paid him £5 for that Zundapp Bella Scooter back in 1966 ! LOL.

I can't believe Bonhams charges !!!!! Even Dick Turpin wore a mask !
Now: 2008 CB1300S, CB750K4, 1970 Bonneville. Various other 1960's 650 Triumph T120's/ TR6's/ TR6C's (all in bits...many, many bits unfortunately). Previous: 2007 CB600FA, 1976 CB500 Four. BMW F800ST. GS750E. ZZR1100. CB1300 (2). ZXR1200S. VFR800. CB750 Nighthawk. CX500. XS500 Yam. Suzuki GT500. BSA A10. Various Lambrettas. Zundapp Bella (honest).

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
If you are not on the ball you could end up paying 45 percent in charges, this is what pushes buyers away  >:(

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Is it a K2 interim i.e genuine K0. . would need to check nos with John Wyatts book but I am out at some wedding doo :-(
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Well I got home and checked John Wyatts book and according that, the VIN of the Bonhams bike  falls in the range of the K0 interim bikes.

Saw the person today at Stafford who I have met before, who originally restored the 1st in the UK CB750 and he now has a bike built from  an unregistered frame that came from Queens Park Motors when it closed and is build up from a lot of NOS parts. QPM broke a  bike out of it's crate to use as spares because spare parts  were so expensive and slow to come from Japan when the bike was launched here.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 12:44:42 AM by AshimotoK0 »

Offline MrDavo

• SOHC Master
  • He who dies with the most toys wins
    • View Profile
The Bonhams blumph says it was purchased by the owner from QPM, not that he owned the shop, unless you know something we don't, Ash.

Anyhow, how much?
1969 Honda CL450 'Scrambler'
1974 Kawasaki Z1A
2005 Harley XL1200R Sportster
1985 Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera Sport
1978 VW Bay Window camper van

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
I know a famous auction house that sold a triumph that was listed as the first owner as Roderick Stewart. I know the trader that put the bike up for sale which he inherited from his a family member named Roderick Stewart but, not the famous one, he worked as a butcher ;D ;D

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Maybe I was brain dead after queuing to get into Stafford then trudging round for hours. Still an interesting bike though and does have links to QPM. I didn't go in the auction..... it costs £25 quid to get in by catalogue !  I only got in free when the press bike was auctioned off  'cos I linked them to a load of info on that bike they never knew about. Roger Etcell told me yesterday that the K0 QPM bike was in there as he's an estimator for them. He told me it was in pretty rough shape though.

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
Re: CB750K0 UK One for Oddjob at Bonhams Stafford this weekend - Ex QPM !
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2017, 12:01:26 PM »
Don't know if anybody spotted it but there is a rough K0 at the rear of the Stafford show in the area at the side of the building by the ice cream van. No idea how much it's up for as I couldn't find the stall holder, but it's pretty rough. Anybody there today could maybe find the seller.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2017, 12:01:42 PM »
I still reckon that's a good bike to buy and restore personally...I'd probably had gone after it myself..!

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2017, 04:39:55 PM »
£6,800 750K0 £7,820 inc premium
£2,600  550F £2,990 inc premium
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 04:46:09 PM by AshimotoK0 »

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2017, 05:07:14 PM »
Someone is going to have a shock when they find out the price to restore that K0  ::)
Nice price on the F1, saw one on fleabay a couple of days ago in original condition £1.601

Offline steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2017, 10:25:21 PM »
 ;) well its nice to know that there is at least three k0's  still knocking around ,strange thing is i have only seen pics of two others and so far they are all red and i have yet to see a blue one?
on the subject of the show i did not go myself probably never will again ive done it to death i was talking to some mates today who went on saturday they said never again they waited a hour and half to get in and came away with nothing

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2017, 11:35:34 PM »
;) well its nice to know that there is at least three k0's  still knocking around ,strange thing is i have only seen pics of two others and so far they are all red and i have yet to see a blue one?
on the subject of the show i did not go myself probably never will again ive done it to death i was talking to some mates today who went on saturday they said never again they waited a hour and half to get in and came away with nothing

It's 120 miles away from me Steff. I got there about 9:15am  and  had to wait in the queue for 20 mins but overall not too  bad. I always tell myself ...'not again' but continue to go ...it's a good place to meet up with kindred spirits you wouldn't normally  get to  see. you  could argue that there  isn't the NOS stuff there any more but it's pretty much dried up everywhere now for our bikes.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal