Author Topic: CB750K0 UK One for Oddjob at Bonhams Stafford this weekend - Ex QPM !  (Read 2450 times)

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
Re: CB750K0 UK One for Oddjob at Bonhams Stafford this weekend - Ex QPM !
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2017, 08:16:47 AM »

That was me Ash. The eBay ones are way better than the Stafford items although both sets are repro's. Am rid of the Stafford ones already to a mate who's also now looking for a Bomber to restore (think he caught the expensive bug whilst at Stafford). That's a new one on me, collecting parts before you've even bought the bike. ;D  Got what appears to be a NOS top yoke off Mick as well although it's strangely not clear coated. I think mine may be cracked or it could just be the finish on it, but it was there and it was cheap so grabbed it just in case. Blimey, I'm turning into a collector of shiny parts now. :o  Did you find any Bomber parts at Stafford Ash?

Roy..... tell your mate I have 3 UK Bomber frames and three sets of crankcases in the correct range for 'em...  ;)

Often wish with my 750K0 I had just bought a frame and cases and gone from there !
He's trying to buy my bomber. No chance whatsoever.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 06:22:18 PM by royhall »
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2017, 06:29:33 PM »
I did just that Ash. Couldn't find anything Bomber though. But on another stall I did find (hiding in a box) a pair of brand new Bomber tank badges complete with screws. Didn't find anything else, was hoping for a front mudguard or a set of GS1000 header pipes (some chance).
Roy, did you see the Wes cooley GS1000 rep in the Suzuki tent? Lovely! So much so, the mate I was with who was starting a standard resto on one, is going along those lines now. Whilst on that do you know any good suppliers of GS stuff? Also any forums? He says he is strugling for bits and info....
Information on the whole GS range is best on the GS Resources forum, fairly friendly and they know the GS stuff well. Genuine Suzuki parts I mainly get direct from themselves on eBay. They run a scheme where certain models parts are being re-manufactured by Suzuki. The GS1000 is well catered for as one of the models included is the GS1000S which has the same engine as all the other early models. Then there's always CMS who have a huge stock, and Fowlers Parts are quite good as well. For other more specific things like the essential rebuilt clutch basket to remove the GS rattle I use a company called Grumpy1260 who fit the Falicon conversion. Cheers.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 06:40:26 PM by royhall »
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline Sparrow1

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2017, 02:29:41 PM »
Just going back a page or so,
  Did anyone have a close look at that 550 F1? Just intrigued on behalf of Steph who owns a very lovely original UK 550 F2 in Blue. We're not really sure about it's value.. Not really sure about autions though...🤔

Nige.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2017, 04:57:55 PM »
Just going back a page or so,
  Did anyone have a close look at that 550 F1? Just intrigued on behalf of Steph who owns a very lovely original UK 550 F2 in Blue. We're not really sure about it's value.. Not really sure about autions though...🤔

Nige.

Why is she thinking of selling ? The F2 are making good money for the right bike.

Offline Sparrow1

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2017, 06:06:45 PM »
Noooooo! I'd get shot for even thinking the idea!😳
  But we're not sure what a good UK one fetches these days as they don't seem to appear often?
  I know you've seen Steph's.
  Nige.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2017, 06:51:41 PM »
Noooooo! I'd get shot for even thinking the idea!😳
  But we're not sure what a good UK one fetches these days as they don't seem to appear often?
  I know you've seen Steph's.
  Nige.

A UK F2 with a good original exhaust can make 4.5K to 5K, I am doing one at the moment, fully rebuilt engine and too many NOS parts to list but, I don't think I will ever find a good set of OEM pipes for it.

Offline Rozabikes Tim

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2017, 08:15:56 PM »
I did just that Ash. Couldn't find anything Bomber though. But on another stall I did find (hiding in a box) a pair of brand new Bomber tank badges complete with screws. Didn't find anything else, was hoping for a front mudguard or a set of GS1000 header pipes (some chance).
Roy, did you see the Wes cooley GS1000 rep in the Suzuki tent? Lovely! So much so, the mate I was with who was starting a standard resto on one, is going along those lines now. Whilst on that do you know any good suppliers of GS stuff? Also any forums? He says he is strugling for bits and info....
Information on the whole GS range is best on the GS Resources forum, fairly friendly and they know the GS stuff well. Genuine Suzuki parts I mainly get direct from themselves on eBay. They run a scheme where certain models parts are being re-manufactured by Suzuki. The GS1000 is well catered for as one of the models included is the GS1000S which has the same engine as all the other early models. Then there's always CMS who have a huge stock, and Fowlers Parts are quite good as well. For other more specific things like the essential rebuilt clutch basket to remove the GS rattle I use a company called Grumpy1260 who fit the Falicon conversion. Cheers.
Thanks Roy passed info on.
One day I'll have the time to restore it, not just talk and dream....

Offline Sparrow1

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2017, 10:22:17 PM »
Cheers Graham.
  Most encouraging as her exhausts are perfectly hand built replicas in stainless. I'll pass on your regards if I may. I must say, the 550's really benefited from the 4 into one system.  The 750 excels with those 4 pipes. (Particularly early on) Only my opinion of course...

Nige.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal