Author Topic: CB750K0 UK One for Oddjob at Bonhams Stafford this weekend - Ex QPM !  (Read 2449 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: CB750K0 UK One for Oddjob at Bonhams Stafford this weekend - Ex QPM !
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 07:24:49 AM »
My lofts still got some  :) :)

Yea I know that's why you should be selling me a 3-hole rear guard for my 500 ! Ken... BTW sorry about the QPM mixup but at least it got your juices flowing. I saw the guy on Saturday I know from York  at Stafford who bought the last stocks of NOS parts when they closed including an unregistered 750 1970 frame... how long is it since it closed and he's still selling the stuff off !
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2017, 07:38:23 AM »
Someone is going to have a shock when they find out the price to restore that K0  ::)
Nice price on the F1, saw one on fleabay a couple of days ago in original condition £1.601

Well that depends Graham : If the value of a restored bike like that  is based on yours & James's estimates of what they are worth (i.e celebs and high rollers 'champing at the bit' to buy 'em if they are the 'right UK bike') then NO I don't agree  provided it was restored by an enthusiast rather than based on commercial workshop rates... If you go on the Ashimoto 'real' guide then yes they MAY have a bit of a money pit on their hands. It really depends on whether  the mudguards are re-chromable and if the engine really is such a low miler and the oil has been changed at the proper intervals. What was off-putting was the non-standard pipes but even if it had the original pipes and they looked good superficially you would probably have had to bin them anyway given the age and probable unseen rot but paid even more for that bike. Just my 2p for what it's worth  :)

BTW ..if you look at the red section on the tacho ..that looks pretty unfaded to me so perhaps the mileage is bang on correct.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 07:42:50 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Rozabikes Tim

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2017, 07:42:21 AM »
;) well its nice to know that there is at least three k0's  still knocking around ,strange thing is i have only seen pics of two others and so far they are all red and i have yet to see a blue one?
on the subject of the show i did not go myself probably never will again ive done it to death i was talking to some mates today who went on saturday they said never again they waited a hour and half to get in and came away with nothing

It's 120 miles away from me Steff. I got there about 9:15am  and  had to wait in the queue for 20 mins but overall not too  bad. I always tell myself ...'not again' but continue to go ...it's a good place to meet up with kindred spirits you wouldn't normally  get to  see. you  could argue that there  isn't the NOS stuff there any more but it's pretty much dried up everywhere now for our bikes.
Went Sunday. Got there soon after 10 and 5 mins queuing, then in. Would imagine Saturday all early birds after best pickings. Layout always a bit samey but usually interesting.
One day I'll have the time to restore it, not just talk and dream....

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2017, 07:45:15 AM »
I went Saturday, got there about 9.45 and walked straight in. Learned the lesson from last year when they were lining up at the gate from 8.30. All the fuss about the Bonhams bike, I cant believe nobody else spotted the rough K0 on the outside back lot. Was hoping someone got a price for it as I couldn't find the stall holder.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2017, 07:57:24 AM »
I went Saturday, got there about 9.45 and walked straight in. Learned the lesson from last year when they were lining up at the gate from 8.30. All the fuss about the Bonhams bike, I cant believe nobody else spotted the rough K0 on the outside back lot. Was hoping someone got a price for it as I couldn't find the stall holder.

Never mind 750K0's Roy .... you should have been straight onto DS's stand looking for Bomber stuff   ;)

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2017, 08:03:03 AM »
I did just that Ash. Couldn't find anything Bomber though. But on another stall I did find (hiding in a box) a pair of brand new Bomber tank badges complete with screws. Didn't find anything else, was hoping for a front mudguard or a set of GS1000 header pipes (some chance).
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 08:05:18 AM by royhall »
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC

Offline Rozabikes Tim

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2017, 08:22:40 AM »
I did just that Ash. Couldn't find anything Bomber though. But on another stall I did find (hiding in a box) a pair of brand new Bomber tank badges complete with screws. Didn't find anything else, was hoping for a front mudguard or a set of GS1000 header pipes (some chance).
Roy, did you see the Wes cooley GS1000 rep in the Suzuki tent? Lovely! So much so, the mate I was with who was starting a standard resto on one, is going along those lines now. Whilst on that do you know any good suppliers of GS stuff? Also any forums? He says he is strugling for bits and info....
One day I'll have the time to restore it, not just talk and dream....

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2017, 08:26:36 AM »

Probably 'cos yours truly had paid a visit at 9:30.. not particularly bargain basement prices though ! Nice find on tank badges .. Thought it may have been you who bought Mick's on eBay last week for £50!

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2017, 08:45:03 AM »
Roy - I think there's a guy on ebay in the US selling a very nice set of gs1000 headers? I have a couple of gs1000's. and 750's myself. Pm me and I'll dig out a link...

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2017, 05:46:22 PM »

Probably 'cos yours truly had paid a visit at 9:30.. not particularly bargain basement prices though ! Nice find on tank badges .. Thought it may have been you who bought Mick's on eBay last week for £50!
That was me Ash. The eBay ones are way better than the Stafford items although both sets are repro's. Am rid of the Stafford ones already to a mate who's also now looking for a Bomber to restore (think he caught the expensive bug whilst at Stafford). That's a new one on me, collecting parts before you've even bought the bike. ;D  Got what appears to be a NOS top yoke off Mick as well although it's strangely not clear coated. I think mine may be cracked or it could just be the finish on it, but it was there and it was cheap so grabbed it just in case. Blimey, I'm turning into a collector of shiny parts now. :o  Did you find any Bomber parts at Stafford Ash?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 06:39:11 PM by royhall »
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2017, 05:48:54 PM »
Roy - I think there's a guy on ebay in the US selling a very nice set of gs1000 headers? I have a couple of gs1000's. and 750's myself. Pm me and I'll dig out a link...
Thanks James have PMed you.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2017, 09:09:32 PM »

That was me Ash. The eBay ones are way better than the Stafford items although both sets are repro's. Am rid of the Stafford ones already to a mate who's also now looking for a Bomber to restore (think he caught the expensive bug whilst at Stafford). That's a new one on me, collecting parts before you've even bought the bike. ;D  Got what appears to be a NOS top yoke off Mick as well although it's strangely not clear coated. I think mine may be cracked or it could just be the finish on it, but it was there and it was cheap so grabbed it just in case. Blimey, I'm turning into a collector of shiny parts now. :o  Did you find any Bomber parts at Stafford Ash?

I would probably have  a spare top yoke Roy. Got a Bomber seat off DS's stand and a few small bits.... may have paid too much though  :(   !

FWIW I bought NOS  pipes for my CD125 sloper before I had  found the bike but then again  I am king of the 'collectors of shiney parts'.    ;)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2017, 08:13:52 AM »

Roy..... tell your mate I have 3 UK Bomber frames and three sets of crankcases in the correct range for 'em...  ;)

Often wish with my 750K0 I had just bought a frame and cases and gone from there !
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 08:41:38 AM by SteveD CB500F »

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2017, 08:16:47 AM »

Roy..... tell your mate I have 3 UK Bomber frames and three sets of crankcases in the correct range for 'em...  ;)

Often wish with my 750K0 I had just bought a frame and cases and gone from there !
He's trying to buy my bomber. No chance whatsoever.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 06:22:18 PM by royhall »
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2017, 06:29:33 PM »
Roy, did you see the Wes cooley GS1000 rep in the Suzuki tent? Lovely! So much so, the mate I was with who was starting a standard resto on one, is going along those lines now. Whilst on that do you know any good suppliers of GS stuff? Also any forums? He says he is strugling for bits and info....
Information on the whole GS range is best on the GS Resources forum, fairly friendly and they know the GS stuff well. Genuine Suzuki parts I mainly get direct from themselves on eBay. They run a scheme where certain models parts are being re-manufactured by Suzuki. The GS1000 is well catered for as one of the models included is the GS1000S which has the same engine as all the other early models. Then there's always CMS who have a huge stock, and Fowlers Parts are quite good as well. For other more specific things like the essential rebuilt clutch basket to remove the GS rattle I use a company called Grumpy1260 who fit the Falicon conversion. Cheers.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 06:40:26 PM by royhall »
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal