Author Topic: Seat  (Read 1526 times)

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile

Offline Seabeowner

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Phil
1971  CB500K0  Candy Jade Green or Candy Gold
1973  CB500K1  Candy Ruby Red
1975  CB550F1   Shiny Orange
1978  CB550K     Excel Black

Offline jon stead

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Seat
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 08:34:00 PM »
Anyone ID this seat by the pattern ? Not UK K0 or K1   http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CB500-4-seat-Mint-condition-CB550-CB-500-four-CB-550/152736665348?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Looks the same pattern as my K2 seat but I have no idea if the cover on mine is an authentic pattern for the model. I know the P.O. recovered the seat.
2015 Triumph Bonneville T100 Newchurch

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 01:41:12 PM »
It looks exactly like a K2 seat Trig, I sold one just like it a couple of years ago. The seller must have gone to the Trigger school of crap photo taking, far too dark to make it out clearly. Shame he didn't take a pic of the underside, that would confirm it.

I wondered who bought that camera from me  ;D ;D

Offline jon stead

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 02:39:10 PM »
Looking at Oddjob’s pictures above, I see my seat pattern is different. Mine has the three rows of blocks, running the length of the seat, but the middle row is narrower than the outer two.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 03:14:30 PM by jon stead »

Offline Ashdowner

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 09:22:11 PM »
But if it's a CB500 seat then am I right in thinking that it will only fit the CB550 K0, K1 & K2? The CB550K3 and F tanks have a different profile at the back and if a K3 or F tank is used on an earlier model then the seat will press hard on the sides of the tank and rub the paint off.
CB550K3, CB550K1, Yamaha Midnight Star, and CA77 in 2473 pieces (at the last count)

Offline toucheturtle

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 09:44:16 PM »
Looks the same as my 500K2, seat strap doesn't look original

Offline MeilakJ

• SOHC Member
  • Life is what you make it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 09:46:49 PM »
THis should fit the cb500 k1 and k2 and also cb550 K0 K1 and K2 ,

I had been searching for an original seat for my cb550 K0 for quite some time and they rarely come up for sale . In my opinion it has been recovered at least the strap on the seat for sure does not have the original screws. Also I think the price is quite high for a re upholstered seat.

Offline deltarider

• SOHC Master
  • My kingdom for a turkey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2017, 07:51:33 AM »
To check what other bikes had a certain part, you can enter your found partsnumber(s) here http://www.motogrid.com/OEMpartfinder.htm?aribrand=HOM No need to fill in 'Model', just the partsnumber. After you've clicked 'Search' and then 'select model' you'll be presented a list of models that had that same part. Could be useful. Helped me quite a few times.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2017, 08:17:51 AM »
To check what other bikes had a certain part, you can enter your found partsnumber(s) here http://www.motogrid.com/OEMpartfinder.htm?aribrand=HOM No need to fill in 'Model', just the partsnumber. After you've clicked 'Search' and then 'select model' you'll be presented a list of models that had that same part. Could be useful. Helped me quite a few times.

Only good if the bike was sold in the USA. Tap in a UK unit part number and you will get zero results  ;)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2017, 08:33:14 AM »

Only good if the bike was sold in the USA. Tap in a UK unit part number and you will get zero results  ;)

I agree Graham ..I posted a link a few weeks back that linked you to the Honda Fiches though  and , at least for the CB250K4, gave you all of the country variant part numbers . i needed the UK front mudguard part number.. People say to me why bother butting the part number scans into my Dropbox when you can go to CMSNL's website but it simply not true.. they don't give all of the part numbers.

Here's the link .. images fuzzy to say the least but full fiches neverthless and I deciphered the part no. I required.  ;)
https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/Catalog/Honda/0250_CB250B4CB250K4_Microfiches_Honda/parts_list_0250_CB250B4_CB250K4/035-view.html
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 08:35:46 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2017, 08:55:56 AM »
I recall some years ago asking Honda for a microfiche for a Honda AX1, it turned up in Japanese. When I asked for one in a language I could understand, I was informed that it was only available in Japanese and that not all Honda information was translated.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2017, 09:20:53 AM »
I recall some years ago asking Honda for a microfiche for a Honda AX1, it turned up in Japanese. When I asked for one in a language I could understand, I was informed that it was only available in Japanese and that not all Honda information was translated.

Yes ... Bryan loaned me his CB500K0 parts book to scan and put on here.. it's in Japanese too but the only one I have seen with certain early parts in it like the 'Made-in-Japan' stickers etc. It's tiny A5 with pull out pages for some diagrams etc
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline deltarider

• SOHC Master
  • My kingdom for a turkey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2017, 04:49:37 PM »
Ofcourse, but it can be useful nonetheless and in most cases I used it, it was. For instance I would never have guessed my bike has parts that were also on the CB450.

Offline jon stead

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2017, 09:20:57 PM »
Looking at Oddjob’s pictures above, I see my seat pattern is different. Mine has the three rows of blocks, running the length of the seat, but the middle row is narrower than the outer two.

Aren't you describing the K2 seat above there Jon, matches your description and I see by your profile you have a 500K2 so that would fit you having that type of pattern.

No my middle block row is significantly narrower. I’ve tried to post a picture but failing miserably.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal