Author Topic: Thread sizes used on Keihin Honda carb jets  (Read 499 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Thread sizes used on Keihin Honda carb jets
« on: October 16, 2017, 02:04:28 PM »
Anyone know the thread sizes used on Keihin Honda carb jets? I suspect a lot are 0.5mm metric fine thread pitch but I can't find a lot on the internet about it.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Rob62

• SOHC Pro
  • ZZR1100D9, CB750K4, RD250F, NSR250MC21, RD350YPVS
    • View Profile

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Thread sizes used on Keihin Honda carb jets
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 08:34:20 PM »
Must admit I'm very surprised that you don't possess a thread pitch gauge Ash! Looking at the images on that site from the link they actually look quite coarse threads.

Sent from my X6pro using Tapatalk

If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: Thread sizes used on Keihin Honda carb jets
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 09:12:23 PM »
Must admit I'm very surprised that you don't possess a thread pitch gauge Ash! Looking at the images on that site from the link they actually look quite coarse threads.

Sent from my X6pro using Tapatalk

I do but no point in inventing wheels when the research is done already.Problem is that pre '68 are JIS and after that ISO according to the USA 'Mr.Honda' guy Bill Silver. (no relation to David  :D) Some of the CB450K0 threads look more like  0.5mm pitch
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 09:16:42 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal