Author Topic: Cb125tdc  (Read 679 times)

Offline alfiembra

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Cb125tdc
« on: October 25, 2017, 12:44:05 PM »
Hi folks was reading with interest Peteuk’s cb125 thread as I’ve also got myself one. A 1983 TDC model. No pictures unfortunately at present but it was in a similar state to Pete’s very rusty and unloved. So far I’ve completely dismantled it and had the frame powder coated. In the process of cleaning and painting everything else and looking to start rebuilding the forks and front brake caliper.

This is where I’ve hit a stumbling block, the front caliper is a twin pot which is probably identical and used on dozens of other Hondas. What has got me slightly miffed is the variation of prices for what must be the exact same part. I had to trash the caliper pistons getting them out of the body as they were completely seized in place. I thought replacements wouldn’t cost much but for my specific model they’re around £20-22 each. if I search by diameter and length 30mm dia.x 35mm long there are several different models using that size and are quite a bit cheaper. There’s just this nagging doubt that if I get the cheaper ones will they definitely fit ok. Searched by part number too and then the prices seem to go up again. Any suggestions or recommendations for suppliers.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 12:58:18 PM by alfiembra »

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Cb125tdc
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 02:01:54 PM »
Go to the Motogrid website, enter the part number, and it should give you a list of other Hondas using the same part.

Sent from my X6pro using Tapatalk

If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline alfiembra

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 05:18:14 PM »
Cheers hairygit I checked out the Motogrid website and yes there are heaps of other bikes listed using the part no 45107-MA3-006, mostly big 900/1000cc with 4 pot calipers, funnily enough mine isn’t listed. Maybe didn’t sell them over the pond. David Silvers list OEM ones for around £15 but add postage and vat and they’re not much cheaper. The search continues.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 05:51:43 PM »
If you get on well with your local shop ask if they deal with Hi Level and if you can look in there catalogue of brake bits

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal