SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB750

Crankcase seal leaking

(1/10) > >>

Blasta:
Hi Guys,
My K4 has developed a leak from the crankcase seal behind the ignition. Can I replace that seal without splitting the cases?
Thanks

Trigger:
Simple answer is nope. The seal is rubber over metal and has a lip that sits in a groove in the case. How bad is the leak ? I have never seen these leak on the contact to the case, only on the ID of the seal to the crank. it will have to be the big engine out.

Blasta:
The leak is bad enough that I want to fix it, and I think it is leaking from the seal to the crank.

Trigger:

--- Quote from: Blasta on October 26, 2017, 05:30:05 AM ---The leak is bad enough that I want to fix it, and I think it is leaking from the seal to the crank.

--- End quote ---

While you have it apart, change all the engine seals, they do go hard over time  ;)

Blasta:
I will replace all the seals while I'm at it, but I'm still a bit confused.

I bought a seal kit in advance. Here's 2 pics of it, one from each side;
[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

And here's the seal in the bike.
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

The seal appears to have no lips or ridges or anything on the outside surface. The seal in the bike is flush with the casings and they don't seem to be have any lip or anything holding the seal in. I looked in the manual I have and I can't see what's holding the seal in. 

After checking all that I thought the seal would come straight out and had a go, didn't matter if I damaged it it was already leaking and coming out one way or another. You can see some damage to it in the pic.

So, I still don't understand why it won't just come straight out. Can someone explain what holds the seal in?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version