SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

Basket case to Cr750 rep.....hopefully!

(1/10) > >>

burchy75:
Long story short, bought a complete Cb750 basket case off a bloke from Coventry a number of years ago with the idea of doing an original K1 resto.  Years past and nothing happened but having seen a number of brilliant CR builds on various forums, including Marks on this forum and one over at DotheTon I decided (after a few beers) to have a blast at my own.

The timing of this decision is a little off as I was made redundant in May but you’ve got to start a project at some point so despite funds being a little lacking, my enthusiasm isn’t.

The plan was to take my K0 engine here, split the cases and pour the innards (if they were in decent nick) into my K1 cases to match the K1 frame I have here.

I don’t have the CR tank and goodies as of yet but fingered a job would be needed for these outlays.  In the meantime I was hoping to build an engine and frame that I can then bling up at a later date.

So, a few weeks ago I bought an engine stand (cheers Julie) and got to work on what might be a lengthy, expensive but hopefully enjoyable first build

This is what I’ve got to start with………wish me luck!!!

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Nurse Julie:
Onwards and upwards Craig.....it's the only way. Good luck with your project.

burchy75:
Sacrificed the one on the left

to hopefully help me get to something like this

burchy75:
Love the colour of that rep, a long way off for mine but I like to sound of a black and silver one

Trigger:
Looks like you have more than enough bits to get a good start. Once the engine and frame is done, everything else just bolts on  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version