Author Topic: SS50  (Read 671 times)

Offline Finchy40@yahoo.com

• View Profile
SS50
« on: September 17, 2017, 09:57:59 PM »
I've been looking for an Honda SS50 to rekindle my youth and have seen one on eBay. Although it looks standard it was originally registered in France where it's spent most of its life.
Does this impact on its sale ability in the U.K. It is now registered in the U.K. And has an age related plate and v5.
Thoughts?

Offline MarkCR750

• Professional half wit and member
  • SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: SS50
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 10:19:22 PM »
If it's got a V5 (i.e. Whoever buys it won't have the hassle of having to register it) then I doubt it will be worth less than one the was originally imported to the U.K., the whole "UK bike" thing makes me smile to be honest, all Jap bikes are imports unless they were made for their home market!, true there are sometimes minor differences but nothing that can't be sorted during a restoration, anyway if it's cheap just buy and enjoy and don't worry about resale.
Suzuki GT250A (Nostalgia)
1977 K7 CR750 (lookalike, what of I’m not sure)
Ducati 900SS (Soul & Speed)
Ducati M900 Monster (Handling & character)
Thruxton 1200 (suits me)
James Captain 197 (pure adrenaline, i.e. no brakes!)
"Eff yir gitten awvestear yir gooin te farst"
Sir J.Stewart.

Offline ffoy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 11:19:50 PM »
Hi Finchy40. There might be a few differences with the French model. I have a UK bike (SS50 ZK1-E) and the parts list shows models for Belgium, France & Holland and there are some minor differences.

The most obvious one would be the mudguards as the UK models had a front number plate and a longer rear.

Some differences in the electrics too.

Offline Rob62

• SOHC Pro
  • ZZR1100D9, CB750K4, RD250F, NSR250MC21, RD350YPVS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 08:56:10 PM »
If it's got a V5 (i.e. Whoever buys it won't have the hassle of having to register it) then I doubt it will be worth less than one the was originally imported to the U.K., the whole "UK bike" thing makes me smile to be honest, all Jap bikes are imports unless they were made for their home market!, true there are sometimes minor differences but nothing that can't be sorted during a restoration, anyway if it's cheap just buy and enjoy and don't worry about resale.

Well said!! Buy, ride and enjoy .... besides its probably in better nick than a rusty uk model  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal