Author Topic: Wheels, rims spokes  (Read 662 times)

Offline ogri211

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Wheels, rims spokes
« on: November 07, 2017, 06:02:22 PM »
, I am looking for stainless steel rims and spokes to relace my wheels, I got my spokes for my GT750 from Central wheels in the past no problems, I phoned up today to order wheel rims and spokes and some advice and got a girl on the other end of the phone who was the most unhelpful person in the Universe she wasn't willing to deal with me unless I supplied all of the details about rim sizes, spokes hubs, I said I thought you were the wheel experts and would be able to supply all of the parts for a standard 1976 Honda 400 four, needless to say I am now wanting to take my business elsewhere. I have had a look and a company Devon wheels comes recommended but their polished rim is quite expensive at £145 they do a standard stainless rim at £75 has anyone used them for wheels or could they recommend anyone else. Finally would I better be biting the bullet and buying from Central.
Triumph Rocket3, Suzuki GT 750A, Kawasaki H1B, Honda 400 Four, Triumph Speed Triple

Offline taysidedragon

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Wheels, rims spokes
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 06:24:33 PM »
I've heard of problems with Central Wheel before, but it sounds like you got a new girl on the phone who doesn't know the technicalities so can only process an order if you give her all the details yourself.

Hagon are good for wheels and shocks or go with Devon Wheels. They'll both be able to help you out.
Gareth

1977 CB400F
1965 T100SS

Offline 3scs

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 07:45:42 PM »
Had my front wheel rebuilt by Steve Lomas his company is called 51 wheels phone no 01507343313 he did a brilliant job very reasonable price he’s down here in Lincolnshire very close to Cadwell Park I would highly recommend him

Offline ogri211

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 08:05:16 PM »
Hi thanks for the info but I build my own wheels I am only looking for someone to sell me the parts and talk to me like a customer and not an idiot.
Triumph Rocket3, Suzuki GT 750A, Kawasaki H1B, Honda 400 Four, Triumph Speed Triple

Offline petermigreen

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 08:25:12 PM »
Hi, I ordered these exact parts from central wheel and from memory I remember reading in their blurb that when you phone in an order they require you to provide all the details. I supplied them and got exactly what I needed. No disrespect to the lady who took the order but I think she just takes the calls and isn't a wheel expert.
Anyway here's what I ordered with all the codes and prices. Hope it helps.
Peter

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Offline 3scs

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 08:42:26 PM »
Yes sorry that doesn’t read correct he will supply parts also and seemed very knowledgeable I had already bought my rim and spokes before I found him

Offline ogri211

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 10:05:40 PM »
Hi thanks with the reply with the order details but I cant see how the order for spokes is 2 of the same as the front wheel spokes are about 2 inches longer as the rear wheel has drums.

Offline ogri211

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 09:15:19 AM »
sorry it would just be spokes to suit.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal