Author Topic: Putting airbox in..  (Read 469 times)

Offline Integra99

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Putting airbox in..
« on: November 20, 2017, 01:38:57 PM »

The recent engine post remind me of a query.. I seem to recall the plastic air box chamber was a fiddle to get in and out.

Does anyone know the best order to install, for example is it best engine first, carbs, plastic air chamber and lastly the air filter box.. through the frame triangle.

I ask as I'm just preparing all of these components ready for the install this week!

Offline mike the bike

• SOHC Jedi
  • CB400F, Royal Enfield Interceptor.
    • View Profile
Re: Putting airbox in..
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 02:05:15 PM »
After fitting the engine in the frame,  just loosely fit the lower M10 engine mounting bolts in.  Nothing else.  Using a car jack, jack up the rear of the engine as far as it will go.  That should give you another 20mm to fit the airbox and carbs.
Where's that 10mm socket got to?

Offline Integra99

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 02:19:31 PM »

Ok great thanks Mike, I seem to recall it was very tight to come out, I'll try that process,  I'm assuming carbs first, then chamber and then airbox.  I'd like to fit the metal airbox ASAP but cant remember if it will cause an issue..  with the plastic chamber as I seem to recall I used that space to pull it out!

Offline mike the bike

• SOHC Jedi
  • CB400F, Royal Enfield Interceptor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 04:42:38 PM »
Air manifold first, as there's the big jub clip that fits on the air filter housing. 
Where's that 10mm socket got to?

Offline Integra99

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 10:50:21 AM »

Thanks Mike.. I'll leave the airbox out for now then. Just making a bracket for the rectifier/regulator

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal