Author Topic: Mix n Match  (Read 426 times)

Offline Frankie 2 sheds

• View Profile
Mix n Match
« on: November 23, 2017, 05:42:56 PM »
Just what have I got! Please bare with me. Some of you may remember some weeks ago on my introduction, I asked you guys to identify what model of cb750 I had. We more or less agreed that it was an F2. On further investigating the engine, number it had to be a K6 engine in an F2 frame. On confirming the engine had to be a K6 why was it painted black? Obviously someone was trying to keep the F2 look. Knowing that the bike was going to be completley re-modelled I decided to remove the black paint. When blasting the bottom end of the engine the painting was very poor and came off quite easy. However when I moved up to the barrels and top end the paint looked like a factory finish even the bottom of the fins had paint in them. I carried on until engine was finished and thats were the questions started. Can an F2 top end sit on a K6 bottom end? What can be interchanged on the engine? The reason been is that the barrels are badly damaged on the face (pic) The rocker carriages mountings on the head have all been helicoiled all but one (pic) Is the head off a K6 or F2 (pic) So it would be good to know what will fit to what when looking for replacement parts. Hope you clever lot can help....Frank

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
Re: Mix n Match
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 06:47:47 PM »
The F2 has bigger valves in the head  ;) Measure the head of the valve.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal