Author Topic: The Dutch 450  (Read 4042 times)

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: The Dutch 450
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2017, 03:12:13 PM »
The following link may be useful in thinking about oil viscosity.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-tech-performance/3072456-motor-oil-wear-test-and-lab-test-data-7.html

I've posted it for the ZDDP over on the thread specifically about that, but here the relevance I feel is most strongly associated with the post #140 which certainly gives a differing look at viscosity effects.

Offline jensen

• View Profile
Re: The Dutch 450
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2018, 12:44:51 PM »
[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] The bike is ready for another season on the road. Original oil pump, paper filter set-up and all other changes I made to the original engine set-up are the same as last year and the years before. Castrol 10W60 edge is still the oil I'll use, same as in my CB400F this year.

I'll keep you informed about the wear in the engine, as I will measure probably mid summer and end of season.

I changed a few things to the bike for better handling and looks. I took the front-end out and did a complete rebuild. Going from 7.5W to 10W viscosity front fork oil. Front tyre changed in size, going from 100 to 90, just a little smaller to match the original looks. I took off the Hagon's rear chocks and changed them for NOS Koni's I found last year.

With the changes I made I suppose the bike willl handle just a little better in corners and fast turns.
As soon I will make my first ride I will shoot a few pictures, this is a picture of last year (Hagon shocks)

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 12:58:04 PM by jensen »
assembly of Japanese motorcycles requires great peace of mind (Pirsig)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal