SOHC.co.uk Forums > The Black Bomber Board

14C Carb upgrade Kit

(1/3) > >>

AshimotoK0:
Nice find yesterday. Issued way  back when from the Nottingham Honda UK Service Centre. Rare or what !

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

AshimotoK0:
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

jensen:
Nice find ! Are you installing the kit ?

For others I attached a dynorun of the 14C carbs (unmodified) which shows clearly the flat spot @ 4000 rpm.....which is actually somewhere between 3000 and 4000 rpm (to be precise @ 3500 rpm..), but's that's maybe bike specific.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

AshimotoK0:
Wow nice data there Jensen.

My Bomber came last year in boxes found in a UK garden so a bit of  along term project. I will use the kit on  the carbs when I rebuild it but I plan to measure/identify the parts in  the kit as info for  others.

K2-K6:
Interesting to see those traces Jensen (I couldn't get clear view on twins forum).

I presume that's torque in top left trace versus BHP the lower one.

Torque looks almost diesel in its rise to peak so low in rpm and almost completely flat from there onwards to maximum rpm. No wonder it's fun to ride it.

It also shows what people generally don't appreciate,  that BHP is just a calculation based on torque with rpm as a gain factor in the equation. So if you bring torque to max early and hold it flat,  then rpm accumulation keeps raising BHP figure as it goes up until it reaches red line.
Will displayed here with those two traces overplayed.
Many are just interested in the BHP total but it's the torque that makes it fast.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version