Author Topic: Flasher Relay Question ?  (Read 561 times)

Greebo

Flasher Relay Question ?
« on: December 21, 2017, 04:07:13 PM »
Hi Guys

I need a little bit of advice on my CB750 K6 the relay flasher needs replacing it seems the bimetallic strip is sticking..
The flasher on my bike is the round one with 3 wires, green,black, grey. I take it that one of these is an earth ?

I have ordered a flasher relay from Dave Silver, but Chaz at Silvers tells me he only has a round one with 2 spade connectors [made for the K2] but he says it will do the job & one wire will redundant , So which of the 2 wires will I use on this new unit ? & does it matter which terminal they go on  ?

Cheers
Greebo

Offline mike the bike

• SOHC Jedi
  • CB400F, Royal Enfield Interceptor.
    • View Profile
Re: Flasher Relay Question ?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 06:06:50 PM »
Leave the green disconnected.   If the unit is marked + ,that's the black.  If it isn't marked,  then trial and error.
Where's that 10mm socket got to?

Greebo

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 09:34:13 AM »
Thanks Mike !...i will give it a go & hope the 2 pin works.

Happy Xmas

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 11:44:38 AM »
The three pin work on capacitor discharge principle and are polarised (electrolytic capacitor in formed in the closed  end of the ally can).. the two terminal  types are bimetallic strip type and are hence  non-polarised. For some reason Honda fitted bi-metallic 'Signal-Stat' ones to USA bikes.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Greebo

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 06:35:59 PM »
The original one on the bike was a 3 pin with the bimetallic strip which you could here it click when it was working..
Now iv'e fitted the new 2 pin one from Silvers & it works fine & they flash quicker than before.

Offline mike the bike

• SOHC Jedi
  • CB400F, Royal Enfield Interceptor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 07:17:07 PM »
Perhaps the old one had gone slow.
Where's that 10mm socket got to?

Greebo

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2017, 02:59:41 PM »
Perhaps the old one had gone slow.

Hi Mike, The old one would work occasionally & when they did flash is very very slow....sorted now, easy fix for a change.. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal