Author Topic: Anyone know of a source of CB750K0/ Cb250/350K0->K3 Ignition switch connectors ?  (Read 660 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Closest I have found is by Yazaki in this link  but in white plastic. I wonder if Yazaki terminals are compatible with the Reddy/Brown Honda original items. A question for BigAl on here I guess ?

http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Connectors/Sealed/YPC/ypc.html

Also: Here but closed for Christmas so you can't view  :(

http://www.cycleterminal.com/yazaki-ypc.html#

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 12:41:50 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Never seen them before ash
I am after k0 loom to alternator, and loom to rectifier connectors with out the secure catch
If you know of any supplier

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline BigAl (Alan)

• SOHC Pro
  • Hope its sunny at the weekend
    • View Profile
    • www.alans-electrics.co.uk
Searched for this connector many times (Brown..ish & white) with no success. The pin sizes on the connectors are 2.25mm to 2.5mm, so it may be possible to find the plug/socket terminals.
Image attached of the brown...ish plug and an 8-way plug fitted 'only' on the CB500K0, also fitted with 2.25/2.5mm terminals. Honda may have had a reason to phase out these particular connectors?...if you do know of a source of the connectors, then please get in touch.
Current bikes:-
Honda CB750 K4 (1974) USA
Honda XL500S (1980) UK
Honda CD175 sloper (1968) UK
Honda CB1100A (2013) UK
www.alans-electrics.co.uk

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
I think Honda phased them out as when you disconnect and reconnect the pin connectivity worsens which it does not do on the spades

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Well ...I just found a source of the mating half  ;)

“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline BigAl (Alan)

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Well done Ash. New loom's are still being manufactured with the 'other end' connector, so some one some where is still making them.
Honda XL500S (1980) UK
Honda CB1100A (2013) UK

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Never seen them before ash
I am after k0 loom to alternator, and loom to rectifier connectors with out the secure catch
If you know of any supplier

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

http://vintageconnections.com/ sell the 6-way & 8-way non-latching 'Hitachi Blade' connectors Pete but the last time I ordered from him he returned my PayPal payment and told me he won't ship to the  UK any more. He directed me to www.cycleterminal.com who supply him I believe. I can't check with them if they do non-latching as they are closed for Christmas and won't let you view their site.  They do definitely  ship to the UK though as I bought some soft PVC silver/grey sleeving from them last year.

Here is a screenshot of the  vintageconnections ones.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 10:02:03 PM by AshimotoK0 »

Offline BigAl (Alan)

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Re: CB750 KO alternator harness
I'm not sure if Joe @ Cycle terminal has the 8-way un-latched OEM connector (as image) in stock?
Honda XL500S (1980) UK
Honda CB1100A (2013) UK

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal