Author Topic: HondaTwins seems like a waste of space these days or is it just me?  (Read 1181 times)

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: HondaTwins seems like a waste of space these days or is it just me?
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2017, 05:12:20 PM »
I agree about digital images,music,and the written word,

what happens to all the early digital pics taken years ago,and maybe left on the old hard drives?

accessable to nobody,history gone !!!
Yes looking most of my posts from years back have lost the images thank you fecking shite bag photo f--k it
Its the way all modern firms run now you get lured in by the free primise then they hold you to ransom some years later , or get big enough so the competition buys them out then fees start appearing

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline MrDavo

• SOHC Master
  • He who dies with the most toys wins
    • View Profile
Re: HondaTwins seems like a waste of space these days or is it just me?
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2017, 10:45:41 AM »
The Honda Sandcast forum is a good example of a great resource utterly trashed by corporate greed pulling all the photos, it’s not like those bikes are going to get rebuilt a second time, they really are gone forever.

As far more of these bikes went to the States, it’s not surprising that this is where the knowledge base is, however I can’t believe how many people think they know better than Honda engineers, and for example throw away, or never bother buying, their feeler gauges and timing lights and do everything by ear, because that’s how Pappa always did it. There is much on the twins forum that should be taken with large pinches of salt therefore.
1969 Honda CL450 'Scrambler'
1974 Kawasaki Z1A
2005 Harley XL1200R Sportster
1985 Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera Sport
1978 VW Bay Window camper van

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal