Author Topic: Bomber Chroming  (Read 865 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Bomber Chroming
« on: February 13, 2018, 06:40:16 PM »
Just before  Christmas I gave a chromer in Coventry (who did a nice job of a 750K0 front rim for me last year)  my Bomber original DID rims and the chrome tank panels (plus a pair for the CB72).  He phoned today to say they are ready, so I don't think that's a bad turnaround, with zero hassling him. I will report back when I receive them but prices appear quite good ...rims £100 each, tank panels £40 each. I quizzed him on prepping dints and he said to use a fairly high content silver, silver solder on silencers and normal braze on things like headlamp ears etc.

Fingers crossed that they look OK ... always a lottery with chroming. He guaranteed me that he would not polish out the DID diamond on rims though and he was true to his word on the 750K0 rim.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Mike on a bike

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Bomber Chroming
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 09:15:20 PM »
I need some chroming done on my project, It would be great to get some feedback on this company.  8)
I'm not a complete idiot.....some parts are still missing.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 10:18:50 PM »
I need some chroming done on my project, It would be great to get some feedback on this company.  8)

Got my chroming back last week. Spot on !    Aaron Walkinshaw Coventry.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Mike on a bike

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 04:05:10 PM »
Thanks for the reply Ash!  :)
I'm not a complete idiot.....some parts are still missing.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal