Author Topic: Life changing event  (Read 4157 times)

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Life changing event
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2018, 07:37:58 PM »
I had my car broken into last April. They took a load of my electronic test equipment I use for work.
Few weeks later I saw it on Ebay, even still had my name on it.

Found out that you, as an individual can not report an item to Ebay that you believe to be stolen, It has to come from a law enforcement official.

By the time the Police were involved, it had been sold on and the Police were not interested  >:(
Buy it back and say you will do cash on collection if it happens again
Revenge can be very sweet

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2018, 07:47:54 PM »
One of my brothers customers recovered there bike when finding it on eBay. He asked them to meet at the garage my brother worked in to have it checked over before perches. They organised it with the old bill who laid in wait around the corner.
It would have been a happy ending if the bloke loading it onto the recovery truck didn't drop it.
Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Valley Green Metallic
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CB550k Candy Jade Green
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki EX650R (Mine until dave pays for it)
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2018, 07:55:18 PM »
Van locks are a complete joke you may as well keep it unlocked.
I have been shown how to get into the new shape Transit in such a way it unlocks all doors and disables the alarm in almost complete silence.

Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

Offline Laverda Dave

• SOHC Jedi
  • Health is wealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2018, 09:16:18 PM »
Sorry to hear your news Roy, not a good way to start 2018. It's gut wrenching having personal things stolen. I had all my work tools stolen once from my locked work bench. I and a few others knew who the lazy, thieving, drug taking scumbag was who stole them but we couldn't prove it. There was no work insurance either and had to spend all my savings replacing my tools. I was bloody angry. I had the last laugh when he lost his job a few months later for causing a fire after dropping his lit cigarette into a large open can of evo-stick whilst off his head. I was the shop steward at the time and refused to represent him at his disaplinary hearing, it was payback time as far as I was concerned.
I hope you get back on your feet soon and can put this behind you, don't sell the bikes, they keep you sane and give you good times to forget the bad times like this. Good things come out of bad, I wish you luck for 2018.
1976 Honda 400/4
1977 Rickman Honda CR750
1999 Honda VFR 800FX
1955 750 Dresda Triton
1978 Moto Morini 350 Sport
1978 Honda CB400/4 'Rat' bike
1982 Laverda 120 Jota

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2018, 09:17:12 PM »
Really sorry to hear that, if there is a bit of help that can be offered like others I might have a odd bit of kit that can be loaned, or given to help get you back on your feet. A mate of mine had some tools lifted out of his van, spotted them on eBay, and bought them, had the old bill wait around the corner. They nicked the scrotes before cash was handed over, I hope this might happen more often, especially on this occasion. Sadly I've also had a mate put out of business after his shop was done over twice, the insurance renewal was what made him close his doors for good. Personally I'm an advocate of cctv as the newer systems can email you if anyone triggers the motion sensor recording in cirtain zones you set on the cameras, coupled with several cameras to cover each other and several angles I reacon they help deter the light fingered. Shooting is too good for many of them.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2018, 07:58:59 AM »
Hi Roy ...why not put a list on here of the key stuff you need to get you up and running again ?

See PM
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 08:03:14 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline haynes66

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2018, 09:07:04 AM »
good idea, i was thinking of posting something similar
honda firestorm
silverwing 600 scooter
honda britain project
phil read rep project
YGS1 80cc yamaha
LE Velocette

Offline mike the bike

• SOHC Jedi
  • CB400F, Royal Enfield Interceptor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2018, 09:20:24 AM »
What trade are you in?  I'm guessing it's plumbing, going by the pipe box.
I've got a Record pipe bender to donate to start the ball rolling.
Where's that 10mm socket got to?

Offline petermigreen

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2018, 03:42:32 PM »
Hi Roy ...why not put a list on here of the key stuff you need to get you up and running again ?

See PM
I'd gladly help with anything I can.
Chin up Roy.
Peter

Offline Orcade-Ian

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • Older Vehicle Web
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2018, 05:55:51 PM »
Sorry to be a bit late in joining the offers of help but please post that list of what you need to be out earning again.  You helped me get those panniers from your good friend so I’m prepared to help in any way I can - even if it means having my pockets shortened so I can reach the bottom. 
Hope things improve for you soon,
Best regards,
Ian

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2018, 07:28:44 PM »
Thank for all the kind remarks and offers of help. It is really appreciated.......... Sorry it's taken a while to reply, these have been a very busy few days. Am in the process of moving a shed and other items to get a vehicle behind a 6 feet high lockable side gate on the driveway.......... Am still waiting for a reply from the insurance company, and hence am expecting another mauling any day soon.......... I have been contacted by a guy who doesn't know me at all that has just retired as a plumber, and he offered to bring his van round with all his gear in it for me to borrow whilst I get sorted out. I had to thank him but refuse as I don't want to be responsible for someone else's gear going missing as the scrotes know where I am now, but what a wonderful gesture......Hopefully I will be partially back at work sometime next week......Thanks again, and I will let you know what happens.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 07:30:56 PM by royhall »
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2018, 07:35:38 PM »
I can understand not wanting to be responsible for someone else's tools and van.
Nice to know there are still plenty of decent people still out there.

Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

Offline Sgt.Pinback

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2018, 07:37:35 PM »
Sorry to here what happened to you.

Can’t you use this van and tools daily and bring it back overnight where it’s save?
cheers, Uli

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2018, 08:59:23 AM »
Quick update..... Insurance has paid out on the stolen van for a fair bit more than I paid for it, so job done there. Only covered for £650 in lost property so that's a big loss........ Have spent the last two weeks replacing tools and am fairly close now, but still got to tackle the stock. Looking like total loss to me after all's done will be around £3.5k, so not as bad as I had anticipated.......I don't normally give a plug for an insurance company but I'm glad I was covered by Aviva as they have been really great. Can't praise them enough really as in the past all my insurance dealing have been a pain, but Aviva went beyond the call of duty so well done to them. So if you would all cancel your policies and got with Aviva, they deserve it.........A big thank you to everyone for their kind wishes and offer of tools etc, where else can you go on the internet for genuine offers like that......What a top crowd of people you are....Thanks again, Roy.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2018, 09:20:10 AM »
Nice one Roy, good to hear things are on the up
This forum is good, for example I split up with my wife and was facing having to move sell up all my life long hobbies and live in a caravan I hit rock bottom with depression and some really heavy shit
Lots of people on this forum see me go from one of the top posters only to vanish , the pm, s and offers of support were amazing all from people that really only know me as ukpete on internet, just shows how are little group is way better than others
All the best fella

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal