Author Topic: V5C  (Read 542 times)

Offline florence

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
V5C
« on: January 11, 2018, 12:53:45 PM »
My son is buying a moped which comes with a spare parts bike which has no v5.  Once I have taken off good parts I want to scrap the rest.  Is this a problem, not having V5 for parts bike.  The seller says I don't have to take the second bike if I don't want it.  Not sure what to do.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 12:57:58 PM by florence »

Offline taysidedragon

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: V5C
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 01:23:47 PM »
If you feel sure the spare moped is not nicked I don't see a problem.
Have it for the spare parts. If you're not sure about scrapping it, give the local scrap yard a ring. He'll tell you if he's able to take it without v5. Hth.
Gareth

1977 CB400F
1965 T100SS

Offline Tomb

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 02:14:43 PM »
Do you know the parts bike reg? if you do you can do a vehicle check on the Gov website.

Or, grind numbers off, cut the frame in two and bin it ;)
Tom
'73 CB550 with CB500 engine café racer
'62 CB77 Sprinter
'70 CD175
'78 CB550 with sidecar
'80 Z50R
And a load of old Yamaha 1100's

Offline haynes66

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 05:30:28 PM »
if it has no v5, it doesnt really exist so do as tomb says. chop up the frame so no one else can use it and keep what you need.
honda firestorm
silverwing 600 scooter
honda britain project
phil read rep project
YGS1 80cc yamaha
LE Velocette

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 10:43:57 PM »
I bought a few bikes as a very ratty job lot years ago, found some had numbers filed off and other rather suspect things, wrote to DVLA with such details as could be discerned hoping they might be able to shed light on the identity and return anything to rightfull owners. They basically just returned the paperwork with an abrupt note saying they wouldn't supply a v5c without more details - as I was not that keen to invest in a cb250 superdream collection I took the parts I wanted- mostly a rear swing arm to replace one off my dad's old bike he had sold to a good friend that said friend had found rot in and done a perhaps not very pretty welding job. The rest was dispersed over the years and another friend did get one of them registered. However I wouldn't hesitate to just throw old frames in the weigh in pile. Several have gone that way here, used to be a good way to get spare tyres etc to buy a cat b salvage bike, they cut the headstock open to keep the bit with the number at the salvage yard, rest joins weigh in after being robbed of handy offcutd of tube.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal