SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

phil read rep/honda britain restoration

<< < (2/17) > >>

philward:
Good to see your back on it Pete - as Trig says, start at the frame. The number of abandoned projects on ebay that have resulted in failured as people do a bit of everything without seeing any overall achievement results in losing confidence. Small steps whilst achieving a finished item results in a buzz out of achieving something will drive you on.
Good luck!

haynes66:
when i rebuilt a little TL125 a few years ago, i did get the frame and everything else done first. you feel as if youre over halfway there already.  the problem with these two is the lack of space. the frames and pretty much everything else is hidden in the school where i work and they will be brought back bit by bit.  once the engines are away for painting, i will get the frames done ready for the rebuilt engine to go in. my shed is 2 metres wide and 5 metres long. bit of a squeeze with two 750s and a little yam!

Trigger:
Space is always a big problem. I moved out of my 15,000 sq ft place to 3 x 500 sq ft had to give away loads of machinery  :'( But, I could never find anything in the big workshop. The more space you have, the more you think you need ;)

UK Pete:
Good luck Pete you will be fine there will be ups and downs but take your time and your be ok

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

AshimotoK0:

--- Quote from: Trigger on January 31, 2018, 08:08:37 PM ---What I have always found is focus on getting the frame done first, then the engine and everything else can just be bolted on. And off when you find out that it is not right  ;D
In all my years, I have still not built a bike for ones self. I have a 750  engine has been built for the past 3 years, the frame in the front bedroom looking like a new pin, swinging arm fully rebuilt leaning up against a wall somewhere and the rest of the bike in draws and crates  ??? I will get round to building it one of these days.
So, don't worry your not the only one.

--- End quote ---

Exciting project Pete ..Will watch with great interest ..I wonder if Henry Cole will share a few restoration tips with you  ;D ;D ;D

Graham  ... You just kind of summed up 10 of my 11 bikes in that description  :-[ :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version