Author Topic: Lurkers  (Read 2542 times)

Offline Moorey

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Lurkers
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2018, 09:06:16 PM »
A difficult question as power often corrupts, but I think it fair to say it will not go to my head.  :)

Offline haynes66

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2018, 09:07:20 PM »
well, may i be the first to congratulate you on your achievement!!
honda firestorm
silverwing 600 scooter
honda britain project
phil read rep project
YGS1 80cc yamaha
LE Velocette

Offline Moorey

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2018, 09:14:34 PM »
Thank you, that's very good of you.  :) ;) ;D

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2018, 09:19:14 PM »

I am sure we have met and from memory, you were lurking on a park bench outside some toilets   ;D ;D ;D

Offline llessur

• Honda 400/4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2018, 09:23:38 PM »
Ash,
Clearly you are annoyed by the way you have been messed about, and understandably so, but please do not generalise or even  categorise all newbies or low volume posters as Lurkers. I like many, visit this forum for the pleasure it gives, yes, to ask for help and if I can contribute or help. For myself, I actually ran a car forum 20 years ago, just after we moved from Bulletin boards and the participating characters have not changed, You get the genuine people, the egotists and the idiots and any forum can be a real double edged sword. I have very few posts on here relative to the time I have been registered, but I have restored 4 honda cb400f’s in the time here( which this forum has given me the confidence to do) , I have pm’d members and purchased direct from them. In fact I have even purchased from yourself via your ebay listings.
I think it’s a great forum and those that post regularly like yourself, help to make it so. Just please don’t tar all low posters with the same brush. I might be shy, lacking confidence, unable to suffer fools, but give me a chance because without the newbies this forum would die.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2018, 11:10:40 PM »
Ash,
Clearly you are annoyed by the way you have been messed about, and understandably so, but please do not generalise or even  categorise all newbies or low volume posters as Lurkers. I like many, visit this forum for the pleasure it gives, yes, to ask for help and if I can contribute or help. For myself, I actually ran a car forum 20 years ago, just after we moved from Bulletin boards and the participating characters have not changed, You get the genuine people, the egotists and the idiots and any forum can be a real double edged sword. I have very few posts on here relative to the time I have been registered, but I have restored 4 honda cb400f’s in the time here( which this forum has given me the confidence to do) , I have pm’d members and purchased direct from them. In fact I have even purchased from yourself via your ebay listings.
I think it’s a great forum and those that post regularly like yourself, help to make it so. Just please don’t tar all low posters with the same brush. I might be shy, lacking confidence, unable to suffer fools, but give me a chance because without the newbies this forum would die.

Not annoyed at all plus not messed around by anyone. BTW just ask anyone on here ..I am often the first to help newbies out  ..often giving parts away free. Who do you think put all of the manuals on here and hosts them at my own expense, paying monthly for a Dropbox account that outgrew the freebie version and I often point newbies to them as a first line of help.  You have definitely got me wrong . It's just I felt guilty I cocked up and sold some bits to a lurker when somebody else who is a poster had already asked about them.    However, I think it's only common courtesy to introduce yourself when you join ..even if that's your one and only post, at least we know who you are.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 11:12:24 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline MrDavo

• SOHC Master
  • He who dies with the most toys wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2018, 11:27:17 PM »
I’ve read all the posts on the sandcast forum, but never registered because I haven’t had one since 1976.
1969 Honda CL450 'Scrambler'
1974 Kawasaki Z1A
2005 Harley XL1200R Sportster
1985 Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera Sport
1978 VW Bay Window camper van

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2018, 07:24:44 AM »
I’ve read all the posts on the sandcast forum, but never registered because I haven’t had one since 1976.
Got one🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2018, 07:26:14 AM »
Got one🤣🤣🤣

I always wondered what they looked like  ;D ;D ;D

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2018, 07:37:16 AM »
However, I think it's only common courtesy to introduce yourself when you join ..even if that's your one and only post, at least we know who you are.
I agree with you Ash, it is common courtesy. Thanks for doing the Dropbox thing it has been a huge help to me and many others on here. Didn't know you were funding it yourself, never really thought about it to be honest. Anyway well done that man, maybe we should have a whip round to help out.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2018, 07:45:29 AM »

But you are a 'guest' on there Dave and you wouldn't be able to PM anyone without joining.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2018, 07:45:58 AM »
I still say it is "ex" as in used to be and "spurt" as in drip under pressure

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2018, 07:52:31 AM »
However, I think it's only common courtesy to introduce yourself when you join ..even if that's your one and only post, at least we know who you are.
I agree with you Ash, it is common courtesy. Thanks for doing the Dropbox thing it has been a huge help to me and many others on here. Didn't know you were funding it yourself, never really thought about it to be honest. Anyway well done that man, maybe we should have a whip round to help out.

It's only a few quid a month and not a problem Roy. Someone on here pointed me out to me to use  Dropbox and I find it's  very easy to use  and I would recommend it, even though you have to pay if you need lots of storage. Best thing anyone on here can do is share any docs with me that we don't have already, so that I can make the list more comprehensive.

Offline Moorey

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2018, 03:25:55 PM »

I am sure we have met and from memory, you were lurking on a park bench outside some toilets   ;D ;D ;D

You have a good memory it was where you arranged the meeting. ;) ;) only I waited outside instead. ;D ;D

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2018, 03:27:15 PM »

You have a good memory it was where you arranged the meeting. ;) ;) only I waited outside instead. ;D ;D
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal