Author Topic: Crich Tramway Classic Bike Event 2018 (Sunday 1st July)  (Read 3444 times)

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Crich Tramway Classic Bike Event 2018 (Sunday 1st July)
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2018, 12:58:08 PM »
Unless I book the day off I'll be working. I had to change my shift at work as I have to go to hospital every week for a year and to do that I was forced to have to work permanent weekends.

Julie will know what this is but it appears I have Haemochromatosis

Oddjob  my dad was diagnosed with Hemochromatosis about 3 years ago now.
His Ferritin level was up to 4000 his blood was so thick it was like raspberry moose. 
He too was having to go to the hospital once a week for a year to get his levels to normalise.
My brother and I was told to be tested but when my brother saw the doctor he was told to man up and go away.  :o So Iv never found out. We have all radically changed our diets and all feel better for it. My dad hasn't had his blood taken now for about 1 1/2 years now.

My dad and I both intend on going again this year if work allows.

If left untreated it can cause lots of problems, cancer being the worst. However catch it early before it really starts to kick in and you can control it a lot easier. Tell your brother to get tested, believe me the little jab then is a LOT better than the cure after.

My ferritin level is dropping now, still high but getting better by the week, still hate the Venesection though.

I've booked hols for the 1st July so I may be there, depends on a lot of stuff though, hopefully I won't get sunstroke like I did last year and wimp out.
Don't play stupid with me, I'm better at it

Offline paulbaker1954

• SOHC Pro
  • I'll just be 5 minutes dear!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2018, 01:35:45 PM »
I am planning to be there

Hey Oddjob sorry to hear your news hope you improve soon.

AS I read it it's Iron overload - is that from fettling all those Honda parts LOL. Sorry but you have to look on the bright side of life I find.

As for me bloody Hernia op next 2 weeks.

None of us are getting any younger it seems  :) :) :)
If you think there's light at the end of the tunnel it's usually another train !!

2016 Yamaha MT09 Tracer
1971 Honda CB500 Four K0

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2018, 03:51:57 PM »
Yep, my blood has so much iron in it that a vampire broke his fangs trying to bite me  :)

Offline royhall

• SOHC Master
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2018, 04:54:03 PM »
Sorry to hear that Oddjob, maybe we should start a medical thread so we can compare ailments. What a bunch of old farts we are. Am too hoping to get to Crich this year.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive (still smoking on pot 4 Ggrrrrrr)
CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
CB1300SA in Black
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC (Bastard tried to burn me to death last night)
CB450K0 Black Bomber (current project)

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2018, 09:25:13 PM »
I keep a can of WD40 in the front of the van and give my dad a good dosing first thing to get him moving.  ;)
Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Valley Green Metallic
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CB550k Candy Jade Green
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki EX650R (Mine until dave pays for it)
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2018, 11:01:06 PM »
I keep a can of WD40 in the front of the van and give my dad a good dosing first thing to get him moving.  ;)

you might need to do that for me,I had a full hip replacement over the new year,,managed my 1st ride today on my little Yam,
  hopefully will be fit enough to see you all at Crich
lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

Offline MCTID

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2018, 11:15:57 AM »
Just an aside about medication....which I have been on for about 10 years......my GP at the time....a very nice Lady told me that she liked to try a 'cocktail' of pills as they all did different things and together the right 'cocktail' would see me sorted out OK. I cheekily suggested that I was rather hoping to take those new ones that I had recently read about !

Looking at me over her designer specs......she asked "And what are those Mr T"....my reply...."Oh you know.....those new tablets you take six times a day - after sex".

She put her pen down and fixed me with a withering look and responded, "Mr T.....if I could prescribe such a tablet, I would be taking it myself" !

Touche.
Now: CB750K4. 1970 Bonneville. Various other 1960's 650 Triumph T120's/ TR6's/ TR6C's. Previous: CB1300 (2). ZXR1200S. VFR800. CB750 Nighthawk. CX500. XS500 Yam. Suzuki GT500. BSA A10. Various Lambrettas. Zunddap Bella (honest).

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2018, 11:21:27 AM »
Woman doctors have no sense of humour, whilst having an examination a few years ago she asked "Do you have trouble with erections" I said "Yeah, can you stop me getting so many". Not a flicker, just a look like I was something she'd stepped in.

Whereas when getting a prostate exam from a male doctor I said " Don't know about you doc but I could never be gay" he nearly wet himself

Offline Moorey

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2018, 10:31:06 PM »

you might need to do that for me,I had a full hip replacement over the new year,,managed my 1st ride today on my little Yam,

Is this the first time you have felt fit to ride or has the weather been holding you back as well. My much nicer other half had a new hip 5 weeks ago.

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2018, 10:43:01 PM »

Is this the first time you have felt fit to ride or has the weather been holding you back as well. My much nicer other half had a new hip 5 weeks ago.

no,there were problems fitting the cup ,my hip was badly worn,so I was none weight baring for 6 weeks
only got stand up properly early february.and my thigh and hip muscles need lots of building up

going to try a game of golf soon,see how that works
lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

Offline paulbaker1954

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2018, 08:30:34 AM »
Hi,

Just had an email through about this years event on the 1st July.

Last year went down well with those who went I think. Personally now when I read many posts, I can relate to them more - knowing the "character"** behind it. (**substitute a word of your choice!).

This years brochure accompanying below. Who's in then?

Let you know more when I receive further info.

Tim

(Attachment Link)

Any further update on the Crich show as I am hoping to make it again this year
If you think there's light at the end of the tunnel it's usually another train !!

2016 Yamaha MT09 Tracer
1971 Honda CB500 Four K0

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2018, 01:01:37 PM »
I may be able to make it but will be on the CB1300. It's in bits ATM for some much needed TLC and some of the parts are taking an age to arrive, ordered a set of Samco hoses for it and 8 weeks delivery time  ::) All being well though I'll try and make it this year.

Offline MrDavo

• SOHC Pro
  • He who dies with the most toys wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2018, 01:54:00 PM »
My missus wants to come on the back for a change, please can we add a plus one to my entry?

Thanks.
1969 Honda CL450 'Scrambler'
2005 Harley XL1200R Sportster

Offline paulbaker1954

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2018, 06:06:03 AM »
Hi,

Just had an email through about this years event on the 1st July.

Last year went down well with those who went I think. Personally now when I read many posts, I can relate to them more - knowing the "character"** behind it. (**substitute a word of your choice!).

This years brochure accompanying below. Who's in then?

Let you know more when I receive further info.

Tim

(Attachment Link)

Count me in too

2016 Yamaha MT09 Tracer
1971 Honda CB500 Four K0

Offline Nurse Julie

• 1973 CB750 UK K2.1977 CB550/4 Mongrel Brat. 1978 CB400/4.
  • SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2018, 08:01:39 AM »
+2
Im a Nurse, trust me, this won't hurt.....much !!!

LINK TO MY CB400/4 ENGINE STRIP / ASSESSMENT AND REBUILD...NOW COMPLETE
http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,14049.msg112691/topicseen.html#new