General > Announcements

Crich Tramway Classic Bike Event 2018 (Sunday 1st July)

<< < (15/17) > >>

paulbaker1954:
Great to catch up with all the gang yesterday, have to have a small moan about having to park up the hill as well as I was there at 10:30 (I wasn't aware Goldwings fell in to SOHC territory !!)

Julie - I loved your 550 by the way, I don't normally like the concept but yours is just right !!

Seriously hot but enjoyable ride home via Ashbourne and Cat and Fiddle and the 4 is running really well. Still impressed I can keep up with a lot of "new" machinery on the twisties on something now 47 year old!!

Roy -  if you ever want to hook up in the North West for a ride out and a brew and a chat then just pm me I am generally free most Fridays maybe I can get my buddy Geoff with the black 4 to make a threesome (no comments please!!)

MCTID:
Great to meet some sohc Members at Crich on Sunday......as others have said it's smashing to finally put faces to names after a few years of 'conversing' with them and sharing tips, information, quips and stories via t'internet.

I'm also a Member of a Triumph Forum/ Club but that seems to be made up of crusty old gits who delight in putting others down and belittling their efforts.......completely opposite to the sohc Forum where newbies are warmly greeted and nothing is too silly or trivial to be replied to and it doesn't receive a smartarse response - or worse still, no response.

Those who I managed to have conversations with were a delight.....full of enthusiasm and with a genuine love of old Hondas, and it made the trip a real pleasure........here's to the next time.

P.S. the bikes were pretty damn good as well......but they always were, and always will be.....thanks to their dedicated owners in the sohc Forum.

hondarc166:
A good day out great to meet some of you know what advert said you meet the nicest people on a honda  :)

taysidedragon:

--- Quote from: Oddjob on July 02, 2018, 05:22:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: hondarc166 on July 02, 2018, 05:17:36 PM --- You meet the nicest people on a Honda  :)

--- End quote ---

The snobbiest people on a Harley
The most conceited on a BMW
The angriest on a Triumph

ETC ETC

--- End quote ---
The oiliest on a Royal Enfield 😊

Moorey:
Another good day, I think there were more bikes in total but less of the really old flat tankers and such. A pity we were split up as a group.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version