General > Announcements

Crich Tramway Classic Bike Event 2018 (Sunday 1st July)

<< < (17/17)

Moorey:
I don't think the location makes much difference as everybody mooches everywhere anyway. But you will not get much attention if your group is fragmented. Assurance has been given that it will not happen again. Twenty to thirty bikes stood together from the same group will always draw more attention than ten. Unless the ten were very special, but what's more special than a sohc. As it were I don't think you would have got twenty to thirty in that area because of all the triumphs that turned up quite early. Some of which were relatively new.

royhall:
I think that's the key here, we need to be there before 10am.

Moorey:
Certainly from what I would call the new era of bonnies/tbirds but that could still make one over 15 years old I suppose, but personally I don't see them as classics.  You could get a 1800 Goldwing as old would you call that a classic.

Rozabikes Tim:

--- Quote from: Oddjob on July 09, 2018, 12:24:09 PM ---One thing I might add. The SOHC seems to get the same location every year, it's not the best location I feel. How about asking if the exhibitors areas could be rotated every year, we'd certainly get more attention further up the site.

Who won best bike BTW? I saw a few rosettes on bikes but didn't spot best in show.

--- End quote ---

My bad Ken. I asked for the same area as thought all happy last year and assumed desirable place as Vincent club were in front of us last year (where Triumphs were this time). They are vey involved in organising the event. Glad to try something different if wanted...

Best bike in show as below.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

There is a facebook page which is something I generally avoid. However looked at it on my wifes phone. Low and behold, a photo of our very own John W riding in on his trusty 500/4.!!

Trigger:

--- Quote from: Oddjob on July 09, 2018, 12:24:09 PM ---One thing I might add. The SOHC seems to get the same location every year, it's not the best location I feel. How about asking if the exhibitors areas could be rotated every year, we'd certainly get more attention further up the site.

Who won best bike BTW? I saw a few rosettes on bikes but didn't spot best in show.

--- End quote ---

If we move to a different area, then i would not know where to go when the marshals try sending me to a different place  ;)
I recon next year we should turn up with our bikes covered in rosettes, then we may get more attention  ;D ;D ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version