Author Topic: Old helmets  (Read 559 times)

Offline Sgt.Pinback

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Old helmets
« on: February 14, 2018, 02:32:03 PM »
I am collecting helmets of the 70th.

Have two Premier and looking for a new visor (for the one on the right).

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 02:34:24 PM by Sgt.Pinback »
cheers, Uli

Online K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Old helmets
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 03:40:30 PM »
Nice era for very different designs.

https://www.bobheathvisors.co.uk/

Maybes try these above,  they've been making any selling visors for all makes for years. Whether they've anything still available I don't know.

Offline Sgt.Pinback

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 03:52:30 PM »
Thanks. 

I should have known as I bought a visor for an old BELL helmet from them.
cheers, Uli

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 04:08:29 PM »
Nice era for very different designs.

https://www.bobheathvisors.co.uk/

Maybes try these above,  they've been making any selling visors for all makes for years. Whether they've anything still available I don't know.

Bob Heath owns a 1970 reg genuine UK CB750. Last time I was in email contact with him  (about 18 months ago) it had only covered less than 500 genuine miles from new. It was purchased for a rich kid by his dad  in 1970 but he hardly used it. Honda UK bought it with the intention of using it as a museum piece but the museum never came off so Bob bought it off them. Has to be the lowest mileage genuine UK bike. Or does anyone know different?
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline MrDavo

• SOHC Master
  • He who dies with the most toys wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 04:32:38 PM »
I have my 1970's Bell star in the Attic, as it was fibreglass it got 'treated' to a few home made rattlecan paint jobs, including a Peter Williams replica 'W' white on dark blue. When I first bought it (by mail order) noone else had a full face helmet, I was inspired by their advert 'If you have a $10 head, buy a $10 helmet'.

I recall Bob Heath has owned a few nice classic bikes over the years. I used to buy black (and clear) race visors off him in the classic racing paddocks, if he didn't know you he was legally required to see your racing licence first, before he could sell you one. I still have a Bob Heath anti visor fogging spray, though Fairy Liquid works just as well (Michael Rutter, a true rain master, used to send me out to buy it for him when I worked for the Honda Superbike team, he was very insistent on the brand).

Now I have a modern Bell with a 'reactolite' visor, if ever challenged by the police for having a dark visor on a sunny day, I shall put it in the shade while I find my documents...  8)
1969 Honda CL450 'Scrambler'
1974 Kawasaki Z1A
2005 Harley XL1200R Sportster
1985 Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera Sport
1978 VW Bay Window camper van

Offline haynes66

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 10:29:10 PM »
i bought a bell helmet back in 1978 which is long gone, but i still have the hat that came with it.  i was known as bell end by some people i worked with at the time.  cant think why...

honda firestorm
silverwing 600 scooter
honda britain project
phil read rep project
YGS1 80cc yamaha
LE Velocette

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal