Author Topic: Needle clip  (Read 705 times)

Offline jon stead

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Needle clip
« on: March 14, 2018, 02:09:20 PM »
Lost one of the little clips that positions the needle in the carburettor. Sprung off when I was refitting it and now seems to have vaporised. I’ve got an assortment box of E clips but 1.6mm is too small and 3.2mm is too big.
I wouldn’t care, I endured the wife’s wrath to do the job on the kitchen bench rather than in the garage, just in case I dropped anything.
Anybody got any ideas what I can use instead or where I can get the correct clip?

2015 Triumph Bonneville T100 Newchurch

Online Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Needle clip
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 04:56:22 PM »
You can have a couple for postage cost, PM me an address

Offline jon stead

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 05:03:24 PM »
Top man, thank you so much. PM sent.

Online Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 07:13:01 AM »
Got to find my burnt carbs, probably at weekend. Still available new, part number 16157-259-004. dave silver wants £3.20 each plus postage, if you want them super quick might be worth asking your local dealer how much

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 07:48:15 AM »
Got to find my burnt carbs, probably at weekend. Still available new, part number 16157-259-004. dave silver wants £3.20 each plus postage, if you want them super quick might be worth asking your local dealer how much

I will  be able to find one Jon ..no need to tackle that lockup Bryan ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 08:04:33 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 08:04:12 AM »
PM me your address Jon and I will post one to you .. cheers ...Ash
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline jon stead

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 10:52:53 AM »

I will  be able to find one Jon ..no need to tackle that lockup Bryan ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hi, I rang David Silvers yesterday and they said they didn’t do the clip separately, only with a new needle. I’ve ordered a cheapo overhaul kit from eBay, that has the required clip in it.
Stand down everybody and thanks for your responses.

Offline jon stead

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2018, 10:54:40 AM »

Thanks Ash but I’ve got one coming from eBay. Thanks for the offer though

Hi, I rang David Silvers yesterday and they said they didn’t do the clip separately, only with a new needle. I’ve ordered a cheapo overhaul kit from eBay, that has the required clip in it.
Stand down everybody and thanks for your responses.

Offline jon stead

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2018, 11:30:22 AM »
How bizarre this World of ours is. Just as I posted that last response, I heard our letter box and there is the overhaul kit from Wemoto. I decided to reassemble that last carburettor to get the job out of the way. Got the stuff I needed from the garage, set up again on kitchen bench, wife had gone out so ideal conditions.

Found the new clip was a little tight in my needle groove, although fitted the supplied needle ok, persuaded it with some pliers and bent it. Bugger! Got another pair of pliers so I could straighten the clip. Looked down on the old towel I was working on, and there was the lost clip! You couldn’t make this up. The original clip went onto the original needle, no problem. Carb rebuilt and now waiting to be swapped out on the bike.

I can only think that the lost clip was attached to the pliers I brought in after I started the job, and fell off onto the towel. Either that or there are kind hearted spirits at work in my house taking pity on my ham fistedness.

Online Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2018, 06:42:05 PM »
That mate is Sod's 6th law in operation, glad you got it sorted, i will still rumage the burnt carbs just in case!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal