Author Topic: The Angry thread  (Read 4247 times)

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
The Angry thread
« on: March 08, 2018, 12:35:46 PM »
As the title suggests, what really hacks you off about the modern world. I could write a huge list, but curious to see what bugs you other guys and girls.  Some of my real pet hates.,.......... American style office speak, a couple of weeks ago the district nurse phoned about re arranging her visit, and said  "I'll see when I have a free window and we can touch base." WHAT???? When did that kind of gobbledygook become part of our language? The first part of the statement makes no sense, the second part sounded like an unpleasant procedure!   And don't get me started about "Text speak". I hate it with a vengeance, it's offensive, my daughter knows if she texts me to use proper English, otherwise I ignore it. And why are people so lazy as to use " Text speak" in e-mails? There is no justification other than laziness.  Rant NOT over, but what gets your back up?

Sent from my X6pro using Tapatalk

If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
Re: The Angry thread
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 01:17:07 PM »
1) Cotton wool society
2) Too much Hi Vis. Even see kids with them on.
3) Government's telling porkies and the muppets  believing it.
4) The Guy that takes is child to school by car, when the Village school is 100 yards away with no roads to cross.
5) Bikers and other road users that never look in there mirrors.
6) Customers who think they know better than me and think I was born yesterday.
7) firms that say they can do a job/ work and haven't got a clue what they are doing.
8 ) Phone calls all day saying I have been in a accident or PPI or solar panels or free boiler ( Ask for the free boiler to be delivered and you will fit it  :o Tell the solar people that you need sun for them to work  :o Tell the PPI and accident callers that you want there company name and address because, you will send them a invoice for your time  :o :o
9) Turn up for an appointment at the time they gave you and then kept waiting  >:(
10) Seller on Fleabay that are trying to sell parts that are totally listed wrong.

That my grumpy old gits top TEN  ;)     

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 01:26:53 PM »
How about muppets walking along listening to their I pods or whatever, staring at the phone in one hand and drinking Costa/Starbucks etc coffee from a cardboard cup through a plastic lid (reminds me of a baby's feeder cup) walking straight out in front of you as you ride along, then hurling abuse at you as if it's your fault! Then watching them walk past a rubbish bin and just drop the cup on the floor!

Offline MrDavo

• SOHC Master
  • He who dies with the most toys wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 01:29:18 PM »
Dodgy apostrophes. Government’s is not the plural of Government.  ;)
1969 Honda CL450 'Scrambler'
1974 Kawasaki Z1A
2005 Harley XL1200R Sportster
1985 Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera Sport
1978 VW Bay Window camper van

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 02:00:39 PM »
Racism, I hate that, it's petty and small minded, so are most prejudices. I also don't have a lot of time for excessive political correctness.
Compensation culture, I plain do not agree that everything needs to be pinned to one individuals fault, since most of the time it comes down to lots of flawed choices by often not just any one party That said, whilst I get cross about the archetypal, I was given the wrong sort of ladder and fell off ads on tv, I have had a job where you were given unsuitable kit, and folk were sent packing if they objected and eventually I fell foul of that, wound up un employed and the first thing the job centre said when I informed them of the circumstances was that it wasn't legal. Not worth persuing though. Move on, learn from it.
Auto correct, both a blessing and a curse, it keeps altering what I type, sometimes to complete indecipherable gibberish. At least a spelling error is normally self evident, if it corrects to something totally different it's worse than bad spelling.
Finally deliberate miss selling of stuff, if it's rough, sell it as rough, don't slap a coat of paint over it and say it's restored. Personally I prefer to buy rough, not restored, that way I know what problems lurk and not hidden under paint and polish.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 02:17:46 PM by matthewmosse »
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline llessur

• Honda 400/4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 02:15:11 PM »
Wow, love this thread, I can see it going for many pages. I agree with everything so far, though my biggest hate is the lack of common sense.
As a child, I had many accidents, so I know not to touch things that are hot, tease dogs until they bite you.
Whilst I am not racist, I still cannot believe the Political Correctness of no Golliwogs on Robertson Jam.

Offline kevski

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 02:16:42 PM »
Intolerance of intolerance, say no more it's all Bol Ox.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2018, 02:19:57 PM »
Dodgy apostrophes. Government’s is not the plural of Government.  ;)

Tell my auto spell checker  ;) That's another, a spell checker that can't spell and keeps putting Z instead of S. Bloody yank  >:(

Offline andut

• SOHC Member
  • CB400F, CB400F Cafe & NC30
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2018, 02:30:18 PM »
American style office speak, a couple of weeks ago the district nurse phoned about re arranging her visit, and said  "I'll see when I have a free window and we can touch base." WHAT???? When did that kind of gobbledygook become part of our language?

Thanks for reaching out to us with that one hairy

'Reaching out' - that's the flavour of the month within our American led company and it makes me increasing ill whenever I hear it.......

On a similar subject theme I was watching the evening news last night to be told about criminals who had been 'rumbled' - what ever happened to standards ?

This list could go on forever, but I would have to say my overiding hate is people's inability to take any kind of responsibility for their own actions or situations - it's always someone else's fault ......

Better stop now, can feel this evolving into a rant ....

Andy (not presently reaching out ...... )

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2018, 02:35:29 PM »
The whole idea of this thread is to rant as much as you want!

Offline Orcade-Ian

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • Older Vehicle Web
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2018, 03:35:36 PM »
My turn!🤓

Like a great many on this forum we are being bombarded by phone calls offering shite we don’t want.  I’m sure that if I hid my number and started making nuisance calls, I would soon get my collar felt by Plod.  We are ex directory and have often said that we want to be removed from their lists - never happens.

There was a time when this crap all came by mail and in true Victor Meldrew fashion I took great delight in opening these letters and sending bank stuff to Readers Digest and Everest brochures to the bank using the reply paid envelopes  - can’t vent my spleen that way now.

And another thing! listen to some of these gobshite politicians using the expression ‘going forward’ 20 times in a 3 minute clip.  We can only ever go forward - I’m 69 in June and would dearly like to find a way of going backwards.

Elf an Safety is tampering with the gene pool - in the old days if some idiot climbed a tree and fell out that was one less idiot.  Now they’ve got harnesses, hard hats and rubber mats to land on - they are still feckin’ idiots and go on to produce even more idiots - hence skewing the results.

How often do we have to shut down and restart computers when they freeze? and they want us to have driverless cars - not me!

Then they fly 1000 delegates and the entourages halfway around the World to a conference to discuss climate change.

Must go now, Nurse is here with my afternoon tea and medication,

Ian
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 03:43:39 PM by orcadian »

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2018, 03:52:14 PM »
Ooh, Global warming and climate change, biggest load of Bul**hit EVER. 10,000 years ago, the whole of Europe was covered in an ice sheet, then, over a 10-15 year period, the Earth warmed up, and it melted, forming the seas around us. Do politicians REALLY think cavemen drove V8 Range Rovers and had coal fired power stations???? The Earth has heated up and cooled down many times during it's existence, Global warming is just an excuse to tax the hell out of everything we rely on, coal, oil, gas, petrol, diesel etc >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline MrDavo

• SOHC Master
  • He who dies with the most toys wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2018, 04:24:03 PM »
Do politicians REALLY think cavemen drove V8 Range Rovers

No they drove these, everyone knows that:

Speaking of politicians, I hate one who says 'As I have made perfectly clear' then comes out with a load of meaningless drivel.

True story, Prince Charles chartered his own private train, hauled by Tornado, a large new build express steam loco, to bring him from Preston to Manchester so he could make a speech about the environment.  ::) I love the loco, I was one of the shareholders when it was being built, but couldn't he see the irony in burning several tons of coal to come and lecture us about 'green issues', instead of maybe getting on a train that was coming here anyway?

« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 04:31:15 PM by MrDavo »
1969 Honda CL450 'Scrambler'
1974 Kawasaki Z1A
2005 Harley XL1200R Sportster
1985 Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera Sport
1978 VW Bay Window camper van

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2018, 05:04:27 PM »
Ooh, Global warming and climate change, biggest load of Bul**hit EVER. 10,000 years ago, the whole of Europe was covered in an ice sheet, then, over a 10-15 year period, the Earth warmed up, and it melted, forming the seas around us. Do politicians REALLY think cavemen drove V8 Range Rovers and had coal fired power stations???? The Earth has heated up and cooled down many times during it's existence, Global warming is just an excuse to tax the hell out of everything we rely on, coal, oil, gas, petrol, diesel etc >:( >:( >:( >:(

The world has gone through a load of ice age periods, been bombarded by tons of meteorites, had volcanos exploding all over the place. I don’t think a carrier bag will do it any damage. When the human dies out, this planet will just think, that was a bad case of fleas  ;D ;D ;D
As Hairy states TAX, TAX and more TAX ;) And keep the muppets afraid with the threat of the terrorist and we will put up the TAX again  ;) 

Offline Tomb

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2018, 05:28:00 PM »
Ebay sellers who think blasting something is a great way to make a part look good. No my friend, its now scrap!!!!!! >:(

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CB-750-900-DOHC-CYLINDER-HEAD/332573035162
Tom
'73 CB550 with CB500 engine café racer
'62 CB77 Sprinter
'70 CD175
'78 CB550 with sidecar
'80 Z50R
And a load of old Yamaha 1100's

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal