Author Topic: The Angry thread  (Read 4399 times)

Offline Nurse Julie

• 1977 CB550/4 Mongrel Brat. 1974 UK 500/4 K1. Honda CD250u.
  • Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: The Angry thread
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2018, 09:08:05 AM »
Banks that have 5 'floor walkers' but only one window open when the queue is out the door. Self service checkouts in supermarkets. The numpty that keep threatening to send me to prison for not having a TV licence when I don't have a TV. Drivers going 20mph in a 40. The NHS. The Government. People / companies that over promise and under provide. Local authorities that tell me what I can and can't put in my dustbins. PPI calls, 'You have had an accident' calls, 'You need a new Gas Boiler' calls when there is no gas in the village and we all have Oil heating. Mobile phone providers that tell ne I need a package that costs £30 a month when I actually only pay £5 a month and get everything I need for that amount.
Bla bla bla......and that's just for starters !!!
Blimey Julie, that covers almost everyone. ;D ;D
Trust me Roy, there are more to be added to my list 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
LINK TO MY EBAY PAGE. As many of you know already, I give 10% discount and do post at cost to forum members if you PM me direct.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/julies9731/m.html?item=165142672569&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2562

LINK TO MY CB400/4 ENGINE STRIP / ASSESSMENT AND REBUILD...NOW COMPLETE
http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,14049.msg112691/topicseen.html#new

Offline MrDavo

• SOHC Master
  • He who dies with the most toys wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2018, 09:20:42 AM »
While we’re in the bank queuing and being hassled by the floor walkers, the customers who think it’s ok to have a long chat once they get served or want to know the full minutiae of every little item on their bank statement.

And the bank that thinks my local branch is unecessary and thinks I have nothing better to do than play ducks and drakes with the €$¥§ traffic wardens in a nearby town.
1969 Honda CL450 'Scrambler'
1974 Kawasaki Z1A
2005 Harley XL1200R Sportster
1985 Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera Sport
1978 VW Bay Window camper van

Offline taysidedragon

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2018, 10:58:41 AM »
Everything!  >:(
Gareth

1977 CB400F
1965 T100SS

Offline SteveW

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2018, 01:52:43 PM »
Constant phone calls:

PPI
Have you had an accident?
Do you want a new boiler?
Do you want new windows?
etc
etc
1974 CB550 K0
1980 CB650
2000 CBR929RR Fireblade
1966 Lambretta LI150 Series 3
1981 RD350LC
1972 Raleigh Chopper
1974 Raleigh Tomahawk
2011 Henry Hoover

Offline haynes66

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2018, 09:53:43 PM »
damn bearded check-shirt-wearing london hipsters and the custom bike scene.  i've just had a rant on another forum about this. perfectly good classics being butchered for fashion. a few years from now, enthusiasts will be cutting off the seat hoops and the stupid brown seats, and the frankly dangerous firestones, sanding off the 'old 59' logo on the tank and searching desperately for the parts that were binned earlier in order to return these lovely classics to their original condition. i dont have an issue with custom bikes as long as the base bike is too costly to restore or is a bit of a wreck, but why cut up a classic???
honda firestorm
silverwing 600 scooter
honda britain project
phil read rep project
YGS1 80cc yamaha
LE Velocette

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2018, 10:34:56 PM »
Yeah, those cold callers do piss me off, If I'm in the mood not to just hang up, say my coffee is too hot to drink just yet, I have developed a few ways to waste their time, the new  boiler crowd just love it when you take 5 minutes of their time then explain you only burn wood in your heater. Or the old reliable just saying hello in a silly voice, I have had a few start swearing at me after doing that, they could always try not phoning me up if they dislike me wasting their time.
Banks, I can barely get to an open branch these days, useless bastards close most branches, the nearest one is shut appart from the hours I'm generally working, makes paying in cheques a pain in the butt but that is how customers like to pay sometimes. I think the whole celebrity culture we have is pathetic. Especially the so called talent shows. American politics, do not get me started, especially their gun laws, yes I see the appeal of toys but at the point kids are losing their lives just going to school, it is time to put the things away.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2018, 10:46:46 PM »
People / companies that over promise and under provide

a quote from Julie,

when I saw working,I was a sales guy,I used to be honest with clients,tell then what they needed,the cost,the draw backs etc,
but the number of sales I lost to BS merchants,lies and more to get a sale,
me out of pocket,client with useless unit ,

if it seems to good,it probably is !!!
lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2018, 10:52:24 PM »
Don't get me started on banks almost all building firms still pay me by cheque as well. It can take weeks before I get the time to pay them in.
People on the books that think I'm raking it in because I'm self employed. What they fail to realise is I don't get paid for being ill or going on holidays company van or fuel. My day doesn't end a 4:30 and my home is like a builders yard because all work crap follows me everywhere I go.
Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Valley Green Metallic
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CB550k Candy Jade Green
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki EX650R (Mine until dave pays for it)
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2018, 11:54:32 PM »
The mayor of London trying to eliminate bikes from london

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2018, 07:08:43 AM »
The mayor of London trying to eliminate bikes from london

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I saw the outcome of the debate/public meeting about that the other day. The mayor has gone back on his previous plans to encourage motorcycling in the city, he now want walking, cycling or public transport to be the only way to get around London. He stated that yes, there would be a place for motorcycles in his plan, but only as a means of doing deliveries to get some small commercial vehicles off the roads. The man is a complete and utter t#at!

Sent from my X6pro using Tapatalk

If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2018, 01:52:26 PM »

I get the feeling I must be the only person in the U.K that finds football totally boring and cannot abide it. >:( >:( I hate the way it suddenly takes over everything, T.V. schedules get disrupted, all anybody seems to talk about is football, even the BBC news is p**sing me off when it's the lead story every day, repeated every 30 mins on the breakfast news, for heaven's sake there is REAL news out there that barely gets 30 seconds of coverage! (Another 2 people critically ill after coming into contact with that Russian nerve agent, far more important than Gareth Southgate's bloody waistcoats! :o) I mean let's face it, football, 22 overpaid prima donna's kicking a bag of wind between a couple of sticks? Whoopee, let's go beat someone up or stab them (or trash Ikea) because they don't like the same team you like, what's that all about????? ??? ??? ??? I drive a bus for a living, could you imagine I stop for a passenger, open the doors, take their fare, then my manager jumping on the bus hugging and kissing me for doing exactly what I'm paid for??? Footballers are paid OBSCENE amounts of money for what they do, so why when they actually do what they are paid for is there a homosexual outbreak on the pitch?????? Rant over!

If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline Nurse Julie

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2018, 01:58:45 PM »
OMG. Hairy, have you been communicating with Trig via telepathy?. That is almost word for word what he said. He HATES all sports with a passion, footy being No.1 on his hate list  :'(
Edit....i like a bit of footie myself if England are playing....It's coming home, its coming home, footballs coming home 😆😆😆😆😆😆
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 02:00:58 PM by Nurse Julie »
LINK TO MY EBAY PAGE. As many of you know already, I give 10% discount and do post at cost to forum members if you PM me direct.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/julies9731/m.html?item=165142672569&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2562

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2018, 02:11:47 PM »

Hairy and Trig are 2 of the best ,I support then 100% about football,
lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2018, 02:11:59 PM »
They are all sheep Hairy ;)

Had a woman park her Fish van and walk up the drive a couple weeks ago. She announced that her name was Jenny and she was my local fish supplier, i answered her back in a strong Irish accent " god dumb it woman, i don't even have a pond "  ;D ;D ;D She turned quickly and got back in her van.

Offline Nurse Julie

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2018, 02:19:52 PM »
I thought Trig was the strangest cookie ever not liking sport, Christmas, Valentines day etc, etc but it appears there are others out there 😊😊😊😊 I will send you an England flag to put on the from try of your bus Mr Hairy, just so you don't feel left out.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal