SOHC.co.uk Forums > The Black Bomber Board

Later Alloy Body Oil Pump in K0 Bomber

<< < (2/7) > >>

MrDavo:
So unless someone can find me that thrust washer (Google can’t) I need to put the old oil pump back, which means dropping the oil, and  taking the clutch and oil filter off again.

Feck.

jensen:
I don't think it's difficult to make such a thrust washer...

AshimotoK0:
Thanks Jensen... Mr Davo's bike is a '69 K1 CL... is the thrust washer change  still applicable to 5-speed bikes?

When I pickup the NOS steel body oil pump this week, I will quiz the guy to see if he has any Service Bulletins pertaining to the CB450K0 ...if anyone has them it will be him  ;)

K2-K6:
http://www.hondarestoration.com/for_sale_motoqs.asp?m=Motorcycle%20Parts&p=Parts%20and%20Accessories&c=10063&k=CL450

I haven't time at the moment to look through here,  but there's alsort of related parts.

May by worth a look through.

Nigel.

MrDavo:
It looks like a matter of alignment, if the kit is for a K0 four speeder that would explain why Jensen got uneven wear without it.

However if it’s for any engine swapping a steel bodied pump for an alloy one, i may well need the thrust washer, even though mine is five speed, it depends on whether the washer compensates for the body being on a different alignment or something that changed between the four and five speed clutch.

It may be easy for you to make, Jensen, but not for me without a lathe. If I had the exact dimensions I’m sure I could pay someone to make it though, if I had to.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version