SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

Gearbox

<< < (2/22) > >>

cb550k-aaron:
 :'(

Great sounds like a lot of fun.

Someone has suggested changing the oil from 15w40 to 10w40 as well. It wouldn't be clutch adjustment related no?

Gutted if it's gearbox as I've only just got the bike built up again after the winter

cb550k-aaron:

--- Quote from: Oddjob on March 27, 2018, 11:19:13 PM ---
--- Quote from: hairygit on March 27, 2018, 02:58:49 PM ---Sadly I have seen this a few times over the years, normal cause is a worm or vent selector fork. The 500/4 was well known for it, and the selectors were modified for the 550's but do still fail occasionally. Someone else may have a different view on it, but my money is on the selector fork.

Sent from my X6pro using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

A worm or vent fork???? your spell checker not working Hairy  :) :) :)

--- End quote ---

I did wonder lol!!

Probably a stupid question but I'll ask anyway.

Is this a case of a full engine strip down again? Or can I go bottom half down?

hairygit:
It's engine out, and work on it upside down (The engine, not you! ;D ;D ;D) and yes, you can split the cases without disturbing the top end.

cb550k-aaron:

--- Quote from: hairygit on March 28, 2018, 08:26:34 AM ---It's engine out, and work on it upside down (The engine, not you! ;D ;D ;D) and yes, you can split the cases without disturbing the top end.

--- End quote ---

:'(

I might need worked on lol (heartbreaking)

Can't be done with engine in the bike then? lol (reason i ask is it been in and out 3 times because of paint lol)

hairygit:
Afraid not. Silly question, but if it was jumping out of gear last summer,  did it not cross your mind to investigate it while the engine was out, would have saved you all this heartbreak.

Sent from my X6pro using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version