SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

750 K1 project

<< < (2/34) > >>

Crispy:
Guys, Should these clutch release parts look Look this or are they worn?

Trigger:
They look like that so that the ball bearings slide in and out easy. On reassemble, grease the parts and change the balls if rusty or not smooth  ;)

Crispy:
Thanks very much Trigger, ... My balls aren't rusty  ::) so should be ok with a bit of grease!  ;D

Trigger:

--- Quote from: Crispy on April 02, 2018, 10:00:06 PM ---Cheers guys, all tips and advice welcome!
Today I've managed to get the motor top end stripped down, no major traumas and without "using any violence" lol Dennis ! Plus I haven't damaged anything..as far as i know! ::)..  I need to take a few measurements now..pistons,rings bores etc, that will have to wait a while now..work does get in the way!
Ps. I've read threads re the cylinder studs but I didn't realise how slender and flexible they were until I've seen them today in the flesh for the first time, they don't inspire confidence do they? Do I take them out or not hmmm?  :-\

--- End quote ---

Those head studs look good, leave them alone  ;) ;)

Trigger:
I wish I had customers engines in for rebuilds that looked that good  ::)
Looks like it has never been apart before, what type of oil jets are in the head ? It should be the pepper pot ones  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version