Author Topic: Colour code for Honda cb350 candy gold.  (Read 1670 times)

Offline singal.satish007

• View Profile
Colour code for Honda cb350 candy gold.
« on: April 11, 2018, 03:21:24 AM »
Hi friends,
I am restoring my cb350 k3 with candy gold , I need the colour formula of the factory to match the same as well as the knowledge that the Engine, hub drums and the fork bottom tube will get painted or it remains the same. If the silver paint is applicable than I need that formula too,

I need some parts too ,to make it up to the mark , I am searching for good stock HM344 mufflers and the most important is the skid plate in any condition.

Hope will get a good cooperation.
Thanks

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: Colour code for Honda cb350 candy gold.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 08:22:05 AM »
Hubs, fork sliders are not painted, satin finish 'polished' and then clear lacquered. 'Eastwood Diamond Clear' Gloss is  quite durable but expensive. Some people have used clear satin powder coat but not tried myself

For engine only the top half of the crankcase was painted silver originally, like many Honda twins of the 60's/70's. 'Cloud Silver metallic' or Simoniz high temperature engine paint silver containing ceramic but hard to get hold of in the UK. RS bike paint sell engine paint too...see link.

RS bike paints are expensive though !

Candy Gold paint ..see Menno a forum member or this link

http://www.rsbikepaint.com/en-gb/colours.php#makeid=50&modelid=1198&prodyear=1971&colourscheme=3763

Exhausts : Your bike would originally have had HM317's but HM344's are fine. ALL CB250/350K NOS genuine or in good condition are mega expensive these days (up to 1000 GBP a perfect NOS pair !!) David Silver makes replicas which are OK but the seams are larger than standard and that lets them down . About 125GBP each from memory from David Silver.

Hope this helps you out !  :)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 08:58:28 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 08:34:54 AM »
Further to last answer here are Dave Silvers pattern ones (made by Brituro in the UK)

Also a NOS one (silencer & downpipe combined) listed as 'misc rust !!!' for 475 GBP inc VAT. This is the RIGHT side one ...the left side are much rarer and more £££

Don't be fooled by some genuine ones he has listed cheaper .... they are for a Japanese model CD250/350 not sold in UK or USA and are a different shape (not megaphone style) more 'cigar shaped'.

Again hope this helps  ;)

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 08:59:10 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline singal.satish007

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 10:05:35 AM »
Further to last answer here are Dave Silvers pattern ones (made by Brituro in the UK)

Also a NOS one (silencer & downpipe combined) listed as 'misc rust !!!' for 475 GBP inc VAT. This is the RIGHT side one ...the left side are much rarer and more £££

Don't be fooled by some genuine ones he has listed cheaper .... they are for a Japanese model CD250/350 not sold in UK or USA and are a different shape (not megaphone style) more 'cigar shaped'.

(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)
Thanks for supporting, but Rs paints doesn't ship to India, hence I need the formula of the colour so I can make it here in paint shop.

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 10:16:01 AM »

(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)
Thanks for supporting, but Rs paints doesn't ship to India, hence I need the formula of the colour so I can make it here in paint shop.

Sorry .... Difficult one that because Honda never issued proper paint codes...perhaps Menno Dek, a member here, can assist you.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 10:41:35 AM by AshimotoK0 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal