Author Topic: One of those days!  (Read 983 times)

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: One of those days!
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2018, 12:16:24 PM »
So with the battery charged and the St packed for an overnight  stay in Exmouth I pressed the starter button and hey presto, BUGGER ALL!  The battery has been on the ctec for the last couple of weeks and was showing a full charge but obviously is knackered. Time for yet another one.
  Just been into Exmouth this morning with teenage daughter, and wondering WHAT anyone can find to do there now. Many of the shops are closed down, the local council have trashed the lovely tree shaded town square/grass patch and paved over it all and put a few bench seats there. No shelters any more, and a ban on feeding the pigeons, all to try and be more Continental/Cafe' culture. Basically, the greedy developers are fast destroying the town, which is a terrible shame, used to be lovely there not so long ago.
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline wolfheze

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Re: One of those days!
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2018, 07:15:02 PM »
The reason for the trip was to recreate a photo of me on a bike taken 38 years ago. I hadn't been back since 1980 until a few weeks ago when I dropped in for the day. Have to say I was pleasantly surprised but then I couldn't remember what it was like before. Hadn't realised the beach was so long, was also free of amusement arcades and I didn't think the town centre was too bad. It's somewhat better than Coventry! Anyway battery turned out to be shagged so bought another AGM, this time a yuasa. Took a ride down into the Cotswolds instead so all wasn't lost.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal