Author Topic: Clutch Cover Stuck !  (Read 467 times)

Offline andut

• SOHC Member
  • CB400F, CB400F Cafe & NC30
    • View Profile
Clutch Cover Stuck !
« on: April 22, 2018, 09:36:54 AM »
My list of things to do includes changing the kick start shaft and lever on my 400, so a simple job has stalled because I cannot get the bloody clutch cover off.  Seems rediculous, but it won't budge and I can't get any purchse on any surfaces to persuade it to move - anyone else had similar problems ?  Any ideas ?

Andy

Offline mike the bike

• SOHC Jedi
  • CB400F, Royal Enfield Interceptor.
    • View Profile
Re: Clutch Cover Stuck !
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 09:50:54 AM »
Make sure all the screws are removed and you haven't missed one.
Tap around the edges to loosen the seal.   Operate the clutch - it may jack the cover off. 
Where's that 10mm socket got to?

Offline andut

• SOHC Member
  • CB400F, CB400F Cafe & NC30
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 09:56:52 AM »
Thanks Mike, all screws definitely out, I've tapped it, and operated the clutch, tapped a bit more, tapped a bit harder and then had to walk away as the tapping started to get more meaningful !  It's really strange as I do not recall any cause for concern when it went on.

Offline Snelo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 11:15:17 AM »
I had a similar issue when trying to remove my clutch cover. Mine was down to the gasket being stuck to both faces. After trying all the things you tried eventually I had use a plastic car trim remover to get some leverage and to try not damage the faces. After I faced up the surfaces with some emery paper to ensure all was flat again before replacing.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal