SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

Newbie '78 CB750 K8 (US) Cafe Build

<< < (6/6)

royhall:

--- Quote from: Rob62 on May 02, 2018, 07:45:10 PM ---I see what you mean although it looks better on the view from the top than the view from behind. I like the tyres, i do like to see modern rubber on classic jap bikes...

--- End quote ---
Yes I see what your saying about the rear view. It is actually a bit of a camera angle thing, it's not too bad. I would have just tucked it in a little more if I had been making it. Sounds really good though. Just had a photo back from Menno about the tank, good job I sent it to him really.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

marcgannon:
Hi all,

Just a brief update on where I'm at, and boy I'm slow at this!

Everything has been removed now, with the exception of the oil tank and wheels which should be off tomorrow hopefully.

James here on the SOHC forum kindly swung by mid week and provided me with the Supersport tank I was after (shown in last picture), which has saved me countless hours scrolling through eBay - so thank you so much for that!

Next steps (although unsure of order) will be send the hubs off to have new 18" front and back wheels made up, cut down the frame to weld on a seat hoop and install the new rear sets.

Now... off to order parts and spend all of my hard earned cash!
[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Trigger:
Make sure when you cut the rear off the frame, not to cut too much off. If it is too short, it looks stupid  ;)

Mag1:
Any development on progress?. Your saying you like the Carpys exhaust, have a look at cyclexchange based in hazel hurst USA, has some great parts and namely exhausts. Looks like you have chain ring missing from rear sprocket. Looks a very clean bike to start with and should be easy to work on. Did the engine run?.

cb750stu:

--- Quote from: marcgannon on May 01, 2018, 06:55:11 PM ---
--- Quote from: Rob62 on May 01, 2018, 06:01:49 PM ---Two four seat, ace bars, four into one pipe.....and the same tank with maybe a new paint job.... would look cool i reckon

--- End quote ---

Definitely going to be doing the 4-into-1 pipe!

I've been looking at the Yoshimura style one from Carpy's Cafe Racers http://carpyscaferacers.com/shop/shop-our-store/motorcycle-parts-accessories/honda-cb500-cb550-cb750-parts-upgrades/cb750-4-into-1-exhaust-sohc/ - does anyone have any thoughts on this or know if anywhere in the UK I can get something similar for the same price (around £600 delivered)?

--- End quote ---
Hi , I've got the 4into1 from Carpys fitted perfect tbh , I've had it ceramic coated inside and out in satin black , sounds ace

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version