Author Topic: electrical problem  (Read 491 times)

Offline mickwinf

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
electrical problem
« on: April 29, 2018, 05:47:09 PM »
Hi guys i need a bit of help with an electrical issue with my 550 F2. I am sorting out the harness which has had some bodges in the past, and have re-installed the loom and connected most things up and work ok, main and dip, flash, brake light all work as normal. The problem is the rear light and the front pilot light, they work fine when on park position on the ignition switch but dont work at all when on normal ignition on position. My brain is struggling with it, any advice from you electrical gurus?
Love the 500 and 550 have a 500 called Lazarus under restoration

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
Re: electrical problem
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 05:58:22 PM »
I am no electrics guru on here but, I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. Try the Brown/Blue stripe with the Yellow band that comes from the right hand switch to Brown  ;) It worked for me.
Just dug out my scrap bit of paper and on the left hand switch I connected the Black with Yellow stripe to Brown/Red stripe that has 1/2 a Yellow insulator cover.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 06:05:43 PM by Trigger »

Offline deltarider

• SOHC Master
  • My kingdom for a turkey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 06:25:10 PM »
For what market was your F2 intended?

Offline mickwinf

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 08:41:57 PM »
Thanks Trigger i was suspecting that brown/blue circuit so will investigate. Deltarider it is a uk bike, but my haynes manual wiring diagram seems to be different so i have looked it up on the SOHC American site and downloaded a uk diagram which may help

Offline mickwinf

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 10:50:03 AM »
after lots of head scratching i think it is a fault with the ignition switch. I found it helpful to draw the circuit out on paper as less confusing than using the full wiring diagram

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal