SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

Restoring Chrome

<< < (2/3) > >>

Deano400:
Hi Marc,
I used very fine wire wool and loads of WD40. It depends on the chrome though; the chrome on the mudguards doesn’t seem as good as the exhaust so I couldn’t use wire wool as it scratches. For the mudguards I used one of those plastic/sponge kitchen scouring pads. Just test an area carefully before you do any damage. I am doing the bike to ride not show so the result is good enough, takes a bit of time but worth it.

Deano400:
Had a go at the chain guard today. You can't win them all!!

Nurse Julie:

--- Quote from: Deano400 on May 06, 2018, 09:10:22 PM ---Had a go at the chain guard today. You can't win them all!!

--- End quote ---
There is restoration and then there is resurrection, neither of which will happen to that guard  ;D. Why not spray it black if you don't fancy buying a new one John.

Deano400:
You're right Julie, no amount of WD40 is going to save this. But so far I have rescued the the down pipes and collector, front and rear mudguards, handle bars, points cover and kick start so I think I'm going to spend a bit of money  :) :) :).

Nurse Julie:

--- Quote from: Deano400 on May 06, 2018, 10:32:44 PM ---You're right Julie, no amount of WD40 is going to save this. But so far I have rescued the the down pipes and collector, front and rear mudguards, handle bars, points cover and kick start so I think I'm going to spend a bit of money  :) :) :).

--- End quote ---
Yes, spend some money as a treat for all your hard work.You have saved yourself a shed load so far.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version